Still waiting

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Coburg

Post by Coburg »

Ordered mine in the last week of January and still have not received it. It is a 1.5 SE L DSG with no extras. I have seen on another forum where many people who ordered identical or similar spec cars have received theirs despite ordering weeks after me. This was to be my very first Skoda and if and when I receive it, (as I may just walk away), it will be most certainly the last.

Bromleyboy

Post by Bromleyboy »

I also ordered my Karoq 1.5DSG Edition Cappuccino Beige with a few extras end of January. Then the estimate was for delivery in April week 12 I was told. Then they had seatgate & a number of other issues. At one stage I was told my car was built but missing the rear seats! I was assured it was being stored in the factory but who knows! I've just been told my car is now in the UK & expected at my dealer next week. Its a little disappointing that Skoda give dealers these estimates only to renegue on them but I guess people ordering now will have an even longer wait.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

My 1.5 SE-L DSG has a number of factory fit extras and was ordered on Monday 22 January, about the same time as Coburg ordered his car. I was quoted 14 weeks making the planned handover date 1 May and, sure enough, the car was ready for collection on May 1st. I wonder whether your dealer is simply not staying on top of the factory as there was clearly no issue with getting mine in on the promised date despite the extras that had to be fitted.

From what I have read elsewhere the delivery times are going down as Karoqqs are now being built in one of the German VAG factories as well as in the Czech Republic.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Doogle69

Post by Doogle69 »

Coburg wrote: ↑Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:52 am Ordered mine in the last week of January and still have not received it. It is a 1.5 SE L DSG with no extras. I have seen on another forum where many people who ordered identical or similar spec cars have received theirs despite ordering weeks after me. This was to be my very first Skoda and if and when I receive it, (as I may just walk away), it will be most certainly the last.
Hi Coburg. Like you I ordered a 1.5 DSG SEL but in early March with a promise of build week 21. It currently has no build week as they have no idea when it will go into production. I wouldn't hold your breath. Keep me informed of any news
airpauly

Post by airpauly »

My 1.5TSi SE L manual with some extras ordered April, arrived at dealers yesterday waiting PID before collection next Friday :lol:
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

To Airpauly. Good luck,enjoy it when you get it.
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

So, latest from our dealer as we wait for ours that was ordered in March is as follows (a direct quote):

Many deliveries have been delayed at the port and they (admin team) are trying to work around it to get the customers cars out in front of the stock cars.

So Skoda are prioritising stock cars over committed customer orders by the looks of it. Made it very clear that we needed it by a holiday in August and this is now looking unlikely - being quoted end of July at earliest when we were quoted mid June.

Starting to mull over the idea of just cancelling the order... πŸ˜•
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

mikaroq wrote: ↑Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:47 am So, latest from our dealer as we wait for ours that was ordered in March is as follows (a direct quote):

Many deliveries have been delayed at the port and they (admin team) are trying to work around it to get the customers cars out in front of the stock cars.

So Skoda are prioritising stock cars over committed customer orders by the looks of it. Made it very clear that we needed it by a holiday in August and this is now looking unlikely - being quoted end of July at earliest when we were quoted mid June.

Starting to mull over the idea of just cancelling the order... πŸ˜•
Apparently, it isn't even stock that they are selling. It is stock that they can't sell because of the new emissions regulations that need to go back to factory I assume.
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
airpauly

Post by airpauly »

PDriver40 wrote: ↑Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:17 pm To Airpauly. Good luck,enjoy it when you get it.
cheers m8 collected Friday, really impressed with it, Skoda have done another good job with this one, and anyone who got the interior LED pack it adds a real tough of class to the cabin.....my missus loves the purple and all the purple backgrounds to the dials etc......and the Skoda projection from the doors lol.....insanely gorgeous lolol :D :lol:
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

Its amazing how easily we are amused. Most people are very taken with the colour (velvet red). I have even gotten compliments from total strangers.Also friends get a kick out of the Skoda logo projected onto the ground. Skoda deserve great credit for the amount of thinking involved in the design of the Karoq. Also in the past week I have seen maybe 8 new ones which suggests supply is starting to catch up on demand.