Still waiting

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
LeGlass

Post by LeGlass »

Hi, I ordered mine mid Feb and it arrived 22nd May, so that's around 13 weeks, not bad. Really nice to drive might join Skoda connect... if I knew how to do it. Anyway I'll post some pics shortly
Ordered 1.5TSI DSG Edition in Magnetic Brown with beige leather interior, heated back seats and park assist.

Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

They are increasing production which will utilise the slowed down vw plant in Germany . So they are trying to address it. :D
psh123

Post by psh123 »

Let's hope they speed up production in Germany. I would like my car in July /August if possible.
psh123

Post by psh123 »

Does anyone have any comments on how quiet and comfortable the Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG is on the motorway. I have ordered my Karoq beginning of May . I currently have a Octavia VRS estate diesel, and drive 40K miles per year. Most of my driving is motorway and from my experience of my Octavia it is very comfortable but suffered tyre noise and cabin noise from the engine..

I really looking forward to collecting my new Karoq. Let's hope it is quieter and doesn't drink oil.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

psh123 wrote: โ†‘Sat May 26, 2018 11:24 am Does anyone have any comments on how quiet and comfortable the Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG is on the motorway. I have ordered my Karoq beginning of May . I currently have a Octavia VRS estate diesel, and drive 40K miles per year. Most of my driving is motorway and from my experience of my Octavia it is very comfortable but suffered tyre noise and cabin noise from the engine..

I really looking forward to collecting my new Karoq. Let's hope it is quieter and doesn't drink oil.
In our experience we have found the Karoq quite quiet on the motorway, we traded in a Lexus IS300h and as that is a quiet car and a saloon we expected to notice that the cabin would be noisier on all journeys. We have driven in some horrendous rain, well I did that journey :( . We both have said we got more road noise on the Lexus maybe because it was lower to the ground and despite all the comments by people regarding the 19" wheels we have noticed that the Karoq is certainly better over one section of the motorway we drive on which has a number of joints on it.

If I have one criticism it is that when husband has got the car out of the garage and I come out the front door I think it sounds a bit rattily of course the hybrid of the old car was silent.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Find the cabin very quiet except when on a very rough road service such as some sections on the a12 ! Overall very good indeed. I Have the 1.6 tdi dsg .

I think your going to notice a huge dip in mpg from diesel to petrol though .
psh123

Post by psh123 »

Thanks for your comments. Being a company car,the petrol is lower in cost for company car tax . Since the VW emission scandal, diesel cars are not attractive for tax purposes. Also as i fill up on the fuel station 2-3 times a week i dont want to fill up on adblue.
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

Short sited by the government , no suprise there .

They don't take ad blue which is a bonus .
psh123

Post by psh123 »

Thought I would ask for a build & delivery update. When ordered my Karoq 1.5 edition on 3rd May, Skoda informed me week 39. Today I called in and asked if there any changes to delivery dates and said good news, the date have moved to week 31. 8 weeks improvement on turnaround times looks really good. It sounds like Germany is building them too..to speed up production ๐Ÿ‘
Jimbologo

Post by Jimbologo »

That's super news for you ! I bet you can't wait ๐Ÿ˜Š