Juddery wiper

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Karob

Post by Karob »

First rain since delivery of shiny new Kaoq. Disappointed to find driver side wiper at the bottom was very juddery. It was effective but I was expecting it to be silky smooth. Anyone else noticed this?

Could it be a case of residue on a new windscreen or wipers, normal but harmless, defective or "stop being so picky!"

Karob.

Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy »

Give the screen and wiper blade a good clean. There is probably residue on there from stickers used on the production line.
Milgey

Post by Milgey »

Had juddery and not very effective wipers so had Skoda replace within 2 weeks.

Wipers are still crap but juddering has gone.

Anyone else have useless wipers?
Current - MY21 1.5 SE-L DSG in Petrol Blue + Virtual Cockpit
Past - MY19 1.5 SE-L DSG in Meteor Grey
Bob Spence

Post by Bob Spence »

Stevieboy correct. Mine also juddery front and back when new. Deep clean screens and problem solved. Wipers now good. Also did inside as covered in some sort of residue and this makes huge difference to vision. Should have been done during PDI !!
FurnitureGirl

Post by FurnitureGirl »

I must say, before ordering my SEL a couple of weeks back, both my ‘test drives’ left me a little disappointed in the wipers. Not only did they have a slight judder they seemed cheap and flimsy......no doubt I’ll be swapping ‘em for some decent Bosch ones........
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

FurnitureGirl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:54 am I must say, before ordering my SEL a couple of weeks back, both my ‘test drives’ left me a little disappointed in the wipers. Not only did they have a slight judder they seemed cheap and flimsy......no doubt I’ll be swapping ‘em for some decent Bosch ones........
Give the screen a really good clean first and you should not need to replace the wipers. Without the effective clean the Bosch ones will behave the same way.

Like Bob Spence, I had to reclean all the glass in the car when I got home from collecting the car; the PDI was not good, dirty glass, a missing reflector in drivers door card and the wrong spare wheel. I was not impressed but I am learning to love the car, even though it is not as engaging as my Yeti was.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Gosh I AM lucky!!
It obviously all depends on the efficiency of your dealer the only problem I had on delivery was that they forgot to put the satnav CD card in. they posted it to me immediately 1st class.
wipers have always been silky smooth and very efficient.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post