Any experience with 1.0 TSI?

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
forty_two

Post by forty_two »

Hi everyone

Just ordered the Karoq 1.0 TSI (arriving in June) based on various reviews as where I am from, they didn’t have the 1.0 for a test drive.

Has anyone here driven the 1.0 TSI? Do you have any real life experience with that engine? As far as understand from all the reviews, it shouldn’t be a problem around town, but I haven’t really seen a review where the 1.0 Karoq is driven on the motorway or up an incline (mountain road?), nor with 4 people inside and some luggage.

Thanks! :)

Michael_G

Post by Michael_G »

No experience, but picking ours up this aft, 1.0tsi DSG.

Had intended to look at the 1.5, but was persuaded the 1.0 wouldn't be much different to the two 1.2 DSG Yetis we've had.

We'll see. Our europe touring days are over, and we're mainly pottering round now.
Mike
Had 11 plate Yeti 1.2tsi DSG
Got 16 plate Yeti 1.2tsi DSG to be p/x
For 1.0 tsi DSG Karoq
forty_two

Post by forty_two »

Congratulations! I would be grateful if you let me know what your initial impressions are. :)
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

Have had ours for two weeks now having changed from a 2.0L diesel Yeti. Engine impressive for small unit although have not tried full load on motorway hills. Very impressed so far.
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner
forty_two

Post by forty_two »

Good to hear that. I don’t think there is much noticeable difference between the 1.0 and the 1.5 engine on a straight road (I won’t be racing it anyway). What about gear dynamics? Do you find that you have to change gears often?
supreme

Post by supreme »

1.0 engine does more strange noice on higher revs because it has 3 cylinders. Also biggest difference is that 1.0 doesnt have 2 cylinders cutoff when a lot power is not needed. On motorway it also needs more revs to overtake other cars compared to 1.5
Fuel consuption is not that much better on 1.0 aswell.