Interior Light with Keyless

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

Can anyone with Keyless advise if the interior light comes on when you stop the engine.

In my current Octavia with an ignition key the interior light comes on when I remove the key, very useful when parking in a dark garage. However with Keyless there is no ignition key to remove so does the interior light only come on when you open the door?
Currently 2018 Karoq 1.5 Edition and 2007 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport.
Previously 1.4 Octavia Elegance Estate and 2.0 TDI Superb Elegance Estate.

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Hi I just looked at this for you today. According to the manual as you say with a Karoq without keyless the interior lights come on, BUT we checked our keyless version and NO the interior light does not come on when you turn off the engine, only if you open the doors. We looked at the settings for interior lighting and there didn't seem to be any option to change this.

Sorry this wasn't the answer you were looking for.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

Womanofkent many thanks for checking this. My son has just taken delivery of a Fabia with keyless and has the same issue. Couldn't be certain it is on the Karoq until I get mine next week. Guess I'll just have to get used to opening the door to before looking for my things when parking in the dark.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

The button to turn on the interior light is in an easy position for you to turn on when you stop if you need it, but of course you have to remember to turn it off again :shock:
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
supreme

Post by supreme »

I dont get it. There is interior light to turn on anytime you want. Also when i was driving last night the 2 small lights actually illuminated really well middle armrest area.
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

Supreme - on all the cars I have had, including most recently 2 Superbs and 2 Octavias, the interior light comes on when you pull out the ignition key. Very useful at night in a pitch black garage in order to disconnect the USB cable from the phone and collect everything together before opening the door and getting out of the car.

I can see that if I start turning the interior light on I will forget to turn it off and come to a flat battery next morning.

Just seems a backward step with the introduction of keyless when I would have thought the interior light could be programmed to come on when the engine stop button is pressed to turn the engine off.
supreme

Post by supreme »

Well yeah i understand that. I had same thing on my old Toyota with ignition key. I dont know what trim you picked for your Karoq but i took highest trim and that small tiny 2 led lights in middle of console give me quite nice view and also both feet led's below in the night. Also if you are using usb cable in middle console its also illuminated with led light near it.
I would only need extra light in middle console if i have to search something from the mid compartment bottom.
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

Raised the issue with Skoda UK via Twitter and they have replied saying that they will take it up with the Karoq Brand team. Not sure if it will get anywhere but at least they have responded and asked for further information.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post