LIFESHINE

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
sharks

Post by sharks »

Has anyone had LIFESHINE by Autoglym applied? I know the salesman is going to ask when I pick my new shiny Karoq up. Ive looked into it and had mixed reports on both the price and application. Im not afraid to say no but its going to cost about £270, is it worth it?

Skodaman

Post by Skodaman »

In my opinion not worth the money.
Good polishes on the market but wait for a month before applying.
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

Not worth it.

You can buy Autoglym Super Resin Polish and then seal with Extra Gloss Protection easy to apply yourself for a fraction of the cost. I then regularly use Autoglym Bodywork shampoo, rinse and spray with Aquawax and then dry with a microfibre cloth. Keeps the car looking like new.
Currently 2018 Karoq 1.5 Edition and 2007 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport.
Previously 1.4 Octavia Elegance Estate and 2.0 TDI Superb Elegance Estate.
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

I did it myself - cost £12.....
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
sharks

Post by sharks »

Thanks guys
Been on ebay and got myself a selection of Autoglym products to do myself:- £25 well spent.
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Hopefully the weather will have improved by the time you pick the car up - give you a chance to get it done!

I picked mine up 11th Jan, but luckily had a couple of nice sunny days the next week to get it all done.
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

Autoglym suggest reapplying Extra Gloss Protection every couple of months. However by using Aqua Wax after washing I find that I only need to reapply once a year. The key to getting a good shine is using quality clean large microfibre cloths to apply and then polish up.
karoqfan

Post by karoqfan »

Lifeshine is definitely not worth what they ask at the dealership. Have you considered something like Gtechniq crystal serum, whilst this is expensive and needs to be applied by an expert it really will enhance the look of your car. For me the best aspect of this product is all I do to clean my car is apply a traffic film remover, pressure wash that off then apply snow foam and then wash that off. I then dry the car with a microfibre towel and the car looks fantastic.
Whatever you decide to do Sharks enjoy your new car.
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

If you are looking for a high gloss shine finish then instead of applying Extra Gloss protection you can apply a good carnauba wax after polishing. There are a number of these such as Autoglym High Definition Polish or Meguiars, etc.

On my deep red Mazda MX5 I use the Autoglym polish followed by Meguiars Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax, gives a really deep shine. On the day to day use Octavia just use the Autoglym polish and sealant and will do the same on the Karoq when it arrives..