Tow bar

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

I've got a feeling there are 2 but will ask husband to check for you when he brings home car later :D will see if I can get to take a photo.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand

Waggy1971

Post by Waggy1971 »

Great. Cheers
Karoq SE L 2.0 DSG 4x4 - heated seats / windscreen / washjets - towbar - park assist - power boot - Assistance pack - Light Assist / light & Rain Assist - park assist with steering assist - LED Lighting pack - Quartz Grey
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

only one socket husband took photos for me last night when he was out so hope they are what you need if not let me know

20180413_072143.jpg

Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

20180413_072149.jpg

Waggy1971

Post by Waggy1971 »

Ok. Thanks for the info.. I think i saw a kodiaq with two but as ling as i know i will get a splitter for it

Cheers
Karoq SE L 2.0 DSG 4x4 - heated seats / windscreen / washjets - towbar - park assist - power boot - Assistance pack - Light Assist / light & Rain Assist - park assist with steering assist - LED Lighting pack - Quartz Grey
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Hi!

New to the forum and looking forward to getting our Karoq Edition 1.5 DSG in Business Grey in June!

We have specced the towbar for our car in order to carry a triple bike rack. The racks we like have the following minimum clearance requirements, but I can't find details of the clearances anywhere on the web. Does anyone know if there is enough clearance on the Karoq for what we are after?

Towbar clearance.JPG

Thanks in advance!!
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

If you give me a few days I will have a look for you and see if I can take some measurements.
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Thanks so much, really appreciate it!
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Here goes MiKaroq...

I checked all the measurements against the photo you posted.

min 40 mm Karoq is approx 65mm

min 73mm high Karoq is about 80mm

min 25mm Karoq 25mm maybe slightly more the trouble is measuring this part you need about 5 hands :lol:

The Karoq's towbar is of a different shape to that portrayed in the diagram, I will attach a link to all the towbar photos that I have taken so hopefully will help you and others, the last picture shows the bump is not as pronounced as the diagram ie where the socket is, and is lower down than the hook so I don't think they would interfere with each other.

Should you need any other measurements or anything please let me know, I can try and get a 5 handed assistant to help me :P

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UxGJhN0LLQUqSFcl2

if this link doesn't work again please let me know
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

@womanofkent. You are an absolute star! Thank you so much for all this detail, and for the extra photos (link worked fine btw).

Looks like all should be ok which is great :)

Have a great weekend when it gets here...