Tow bar

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

you're welcome, can I ask which triple bike rack you are looking at? Save me having a look for one if you don't mind
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand

mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Not a problem - we like the thule velo compact 927 having seen it locally, shrinks down a bit for storage. Does need a 13 to 7 pin adaptor though, although those are cheap (c £20). See https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/bike-rac ... n-_-927002 for details of. Seen it for around £370 online - roofracks.co.uk are pretty good.
They do have other models on the thule website, but this seemed the best all round for what we needed
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Thanks for the info, we have a Thule bike rack that went on the hatchback of my car but I never felt it was that safe so having a towbar gives us the option to get something better. I must say I like the idea that the towbar hides away and is not on show all the time.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Yeah, we went from boot mounted to roof mounted thule carriers. They were rock solid but a faff to get on and off, so can't wait to finally have a towbar and easy loading!
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Rotherkar

Post by Rotherkar »

I have just had a towbar with removable ball fitted by A1 towbars of Sheffield. Excellent service from them as the towbars are v difficult to find. They had to source mine from Poland, it is Dutch! Very pleased with them... Free hire car too.
Loughton

Post by Loughton »

Rotherkar - I still can't find a company to fit a towbar on my Karoq - what's the make/model of your towbar pls?
Karoqofgold

Post by Karoqofgold »

Just thought I would (belatedly) post an update as I started this thread. Got a 150 dsg 4x4 edition in Quartz grey. Tow bar operation is superb. Car has a lot of gadgets, just getting used to them now.
Doogle69

Post by Doogle69 »

Have you towed with the car yet. We have a 1.5 DSG 2wd on order to tow our 1275kg mtpl caravan. I have no doubt it will perform well.
Karoqofgold

Post by Karoqofgold »

Yes, towed with it twice. Previous cars have had removable tow bars which I needed to lie on the ground to fit. This one appears at the flick of a switch. Auto box works well when towing. Only minor issue is connecting up as sometimes difficult to get the biting point on the autobox for the last 2 or 3 inches, so we use the motor mover to save any dents.
saudidiscoman

Post by saudidiscoman »

Sorry for late response but only just joined forum. My 1.5 Edition was the Mule for Witter towbars. All design work from my moter with 3D scans for measurements etc. Bar is very similar to an A3 bar.The bar fit is easy and is detachable so only bit visible when not towing is the breakaway cable ring. The electrics are a bit tricky and need to be fitted by professionals. It took 7 hours (first fit - so may be shorter with experience) and it affects lots of other electrics. It needs 'coding'. You end up with a 13 pin so if using 7 pin you will need adapters. Need to find ECU - behind LH kick-panel by bonnet release and fit auxiliary ECU in rear LH wheel arch. Most of interior removed to fit! So maybe £850 for factory job is not expensive after all.