VAG COM Software - advice please

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
CrunchieCat

Post by CrunchieCat »

Has anyone used the VAG-COM software on the Karoq or Kodiaq? Basically, I had a couple of tweaks done to my Fabia that I would like doing on my new Karoq but wondered how I would need to direct the dealer's service technician to the right section in the software to activate the following:-

1. AUDIBLE BEEPS WHEN LOCKING/UNLOCKING CAR PLUS INDICATORS & LIGHTS FLASH.
2. SPEEDOMETER & TACHOMETER NEEDLES “ROTATE ROUND THEN BACK” ON STARTUP.

Or could someone do this for me (using the software) after I pick up the car? Any advice welcome! Thanks.

MikeSen

Post by MikeSen »

Yes you can do needle sweep on the Karog with VDCS.At least you can on my 1.6 SE L diesel registered in May this year
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Why would you want the instrument needle sweep? I drove a Qashqai which did that and it just irritated me by making the start up routine a bit longer than it needed to be.

Just wondering...

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
CrunchieCat

Post by CrunchieCat »

I had it on the Fabia and, because the Karoq engine is so damn quiet I'd like to see a visual confirmation that the Karoq has started.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

CrunchieCat wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:12 pm I had it on the Fabia and, because the Karoq engine is so damn quiet I'd like to see a visual confirmation that the Karoq has started.
Fair enough, though I find the rev counter sitting at 900rpm is a pretty good indicator of when the engine is running and, unless you have the sweep everytime the stop/start system restarts the engine, you will have to refer to the rev counter anyway...

Just sayin' ;)

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post