Heated windscreen

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Janner74

Post by Janner74 »

I'm confused regarding the heated windscreen option. I've read somewhere that it's an older version of the technology with wires running through the screen but I've also read elsewhere it doesn't do that anymore. Can anyone who has a karoq with the heated screen let me know which it is please?

Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

We test drove a Karoq at the weekend and we were told the car we'd driven had the heated windscreen. Well neither of us had noticed the wires and my husband was told that the only way you can see them is if you really get up close to the glass. We had a lexus about 10 years ago that had visible lines at the bottom of the windscreen and this was nothing like it. Don't know if this helps.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Janner74

Post by Janner74 »

Thank you. That helps. I've never had that option on a car but I'm looking forward to having it. It'll definitely help with the frosty starts.
supreme

Post by supreme »

No Skoda same as VW group are using new technology over a year now at least where you wont see visible wires anymore :)
Kodiaq was also without wires when it got released.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Update, husband was also told that during summer 'heat'! It can reflect some of the rays out and so the cabin won't get as hot.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Update to previous post.

After taking delivery, the first day I did not notice the lines but the next I could, it maybe because of the type of light it was.

The lines are vertical about 0.5cm apart and are ziz zag lines (like pinking shears). Sometimes I see them but I think over the last few days of driving my eyes have learnt to switch it off. I haven't found they impede my vision at all but if you are unsure, worth taking out a car with it in, even if it's a different Skoda to a Karoq. Our car is parked in a garage overnight and so I haven't found out how quick it demists the screen yet.
Skodaman

Post by Skodaman »

Works well, got it in my Yeti and Karoq don't really notice the bubbles when the screen is frozen it's brilliant.
airpauly

Post by airpauly »

the 1.5tsi petrol I test drove had a heated windscreen and you could not see the filaments in the screen
Menacemum

Post by Menacemum »

That’s nice to hear. Was getting slightly worried as I have it ordered and Was really hoping it wasn’t going to be annoying.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

as promised here are some photos I took when husband driving on the motorway the other day, you can see when looking against the blue sky the lines are visible, then the camera focuses on the lines and in the third you can't see them at all, because the camera does what your eyes do which is not focus on them, I hope this helps people. no photoshopping just genuine photos

20180217_104307.jpg

20180217_104328.jpg

20180217_104405.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post