Heated windscreen

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
GeoffH

Post by GeoffH »

Womanofkent wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:12 pm as promised here are some photos I took when husband driving on the motorway the other day, you can see when looking against the blue sky the lines are visible, then the camera focuses on the lines and in the third you can't see them at all, because the camera does what your eyes do which is not focus on them, I hope this helps people. no photoshopping just genuine photos
20180217_104307.jpg
20180217_104328.jpg
20180217_104405.jpg
These photos are first class. I had a heated screen on my Yeti and as you look through the screen and not at it, I rarely noticed the “wires”. I changed the Yeti for an X1 which didn’t have it as an option and I really missed it. So after a very expensive mistake buying an X1, I have just ordered a Karoq 1.5 TSi DSG with a heated screen. On the Yeti I used it in the summer if we got into the car with wet clothing.... it quickly cleared screen condensation.
GeoffH
Karoq 1.5 TSi SEl DSG with Heated Screen, Heated Steering Wheel, ACC, Signpost Recognition, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Blind Spot Recognition.

Lulubelle

Post by Lulubelle »

Yep that’s exactly what I can see - my eyes have just learned to look through it and it’s not an issue. Can’t wait for season of hard frosts to see how quickly it defrosts the windscreen.
Skoda Karoq, SE TSI 150, Candy White, Manual [June 2018 delivery]
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

GeoffH wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:34 pm
Womanofkent wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:12 pm as promised here are some photos I took when husband driving on the motorway the other day, you can see when looking against the blue sky the lines are visible, then the camera focuses on the lines and in the third you can't see them at all, because the camera does what your eyes do which is not focus on them, I hope this helps people. no photoshopping just genuine photos
20180217_104307.jpg
20180217_104328.jpg
20180217_104405.jpg
These photos are first class. I had a heated screen on my Yeti and as you look through the screen and not at it, I rarely noticed the “wires”. I changed the Yeti for an X1 which didn’t have it as an option and I really missed it. So after a very expensive mistake buying an X1, I have just ordered a Karoq 1.5 TSi DSG with a heated screen. On the Yeti I used it in the summer if we got into the car with wet clothing.... it quickly cleared screen condensation.
Thanks Geoff for your lovely comments for some reason I missed them, great tip about the wet clothing. We park our car in the garage overnight but I'm sure husband is much appreciative of the heated screen when he has finished a long day at the hospital and can demist and get home quickly, couldn't tell when we had that horrendous snow as our car was only a few days old so it sat in the garage :lol:
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

I have my Karoq since late June and I have driven Ford's at work for years and I have never had a problem with the windscreen heater wires in my eyeline .If you haven't driven a car with a heated screen it's hard to describe but you just don't see the wires when focused on the road ahead also the heated screen is a fantastic gadget to have during the winter.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post