Downsizing 18" wheels to 17"

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Gayrisafi

Post by Gayrisafi »

I have a 2023 Karoq 1.5 tsi fwd with 18" wheels and 215/50 r18 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 tyres. I am considering downsizing my wheels to 17" and use 215/60 r17 Michelin CrossClimate 2 tyres for more comfort, less harshness and less road noise. I am afraid of increasing body roll and worsening handling.

I'd appreciate if you can share your experience with a similar attempt.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I got fed up with the rock hard ride on my Karoq Sport and went down to 15 inch wheels with bigger aspect tyres.
Far more comfortable ride and no difference in roadholding as long as you don't drive like a prat. if you do then you should buy a sports car :lol:
You should use this web site to make quite sure your speedo remains legal.
https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/tyre ... calculator
And you MUST inform your insurance company. ANY change from factory standard MUST be notified or your insurance may be nullified. :shock:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Gayrisafi

Post by Gayrisafi »

Thanks kodiaq.
I am doing my research and trying to stay in the budget.
So far I've decided that my best option would be downsizing to 6.5jx16 ETA45 5/112 57.1 alloy rims and buy 215/65r16 Michelin Crossclimate 2 98H tyres. I hope it's worth the expense.
BTandSid

Post by BTandSid »

I bought a Sportline a few months ago and found the 19in wheels and Bridgestone tyres an absolute nightmare - speed bumps, potholes, Significant Other, the list was endless. It was suggested I downsize the wheels but instead bit the bullet and stayed with the Vega rims but fitted Michelin CrossClimates which have been an absolute revelation. Had these on my three previous cars and never experienced any problems
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I had the Bridgestones on my Sport as well. They must have been the problem!

I still have my replacement wheels with good all weather tyres and a space saver if anyone wants them, as I have changed the car and no longer need them .
Any interest please P.M. me.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post