Digital dashboard

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
1stkaroq

Post by 1stkaroq »

Hi, we have a 1.5 SEL auto with a digital dashboard, now coming up to 1 yr old. We took it in for its 1st service today and its come back with the dashboard display changed. Prior to going in we had a large digital speedo in the centre of the speedo and in the centre of the rev counter it showed what gear you was in, again in the centre in large letters.
Now we can only display a much smaller digital speedo but it’s at the bottom of the dial, again the gears are shown in the rev counter but much smaller and again at the bottom of the rev counter and now in the centre of the dial it shows range.
We can’t seem to change the display back to what it was, they did say they carried out a recall but didn’t say what it was.
Has anyone else experienced this? We won’t be able to take it back for a week or so.

Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

Getting the dashboard to show the gear should be easy. With ignition on press the bottom right button on the right hand side of the steering wheel. This will scroll through the 5 options. Just select the one with 2 dials.

Setting up the speedo may be a little more difficult. Press the bottom left button on the right of the steering wheel. Then using the scroll wheel above that button select what you need. The scroll also presses in to select, so it could be a fiddle.

An issue I have is that whenever I use navigation the centre part of the screen hanges tothe map. Every time I have to reset the screen to fuel consumtion by pressing the bottom left button, scrolling 2 places with the scroll button, then pressing the scroll button to select.
1stkaroq

Post by 1stkaroq »

Hi, thanks for the response, spoke to the dealer this morning and they confirmed the software had been updated. Told us to get the dash back to what is was you have to go into setting# on the main screen and from there you can go into dashboard and customise what is shown in the dash, looked on YouTube and there are tutorials on how to do it.
This is a feature I didn’t know about and only thought you could select the various displays from the steering wheel.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The steering wheel lets you switch between up to 5 types of display, while you can customise the information shown via the menu system. I was able to download a PDF manual for my older car which explained the procedure. Hopefully the digital online manual for your car will do the same.

My car had the software updated to hopefully cure the annoying travel assist unavailable warnings, but the digital dashboard display wasn't affected.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.