Covering up the gloss black interior

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Stumac62

Post by Stumac62 »

Good afternoon. I picked up my new Sportline on Friday, a nice trip down from Kent to Brockenhurst in the New Forest.

I absolutely love the car (my first Skoda) but really don't like the gloss black parts around the gear lever and the wireless charger cover. I hate fingerprints!

Has anyone here managed to 'wrap' or cover any of these bits in a Matt black film or other material?

I'm hoping someone feels the same and has managed to change it.

Many apologies if this has been asked before.

Regards,
Stu.

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

It doesn't bother me, but perhaps I don't touch the glossy surfaces? If you wrap the sliding cover, there's probably a risk of the covering getting snagged underneath as it slides open. I seem to remember reading queries about retrieving cards that have been lost under the slot.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Stu,
Congratulations on buying from the best Skoda dealer in the South! I dealt with Meadens for 13 years of incomparable service.
Have a look below. My new Mobile has an oleophobic surface treatment. MAGIC! No fingerprints or mucky marks.
Not cheap, but there should be enough to do your mobile and 'pad' as well.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... y&_sacat=0
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)