Only Issues So Far

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

10 days in, and I've only found 2 niggles:-

- today, with snow and then rain, discovered that there are no real rain gutters on the sides of the roof, so when you open the doors water pours onto the seats!

- sat nav (Amundsen version) has no sense of direction at all. Tested a simple journey from Cambridge to Bury St Edmunds, which is a straight 30 mile run east using just the A14. The sat nav wanted to take me (using the fastest route option) North towards Ely, then East and South to Newmarket, a short stretch of the A14, then North East on the A11 towards Thetford, and finally South to Bury St Edmunds.......

This was shown as 5 miles further, and 20 minutes longer than the proper route - other journeys that I do regularly are similarly weird.

Oh well, back to the TomTom :|
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige

Supergrecians

Post by Supergrecians »

Hi, have you found a solution to water pouring in when you open the doors in rain?

I have just ordered my Karoq and im worried that water will pour onto the child seats when were putting the kids in.

Also thanks for the tip on the sat-nav. Think ill keep the TomTom in the glovebox.
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

There isn't a solution unfortunately - they've made it such a shallow gully on the side of the roof, and there is no way to modify it!
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
probinson530

Post by probinson530 »

The issue with the Amundsen sat nav is not new. I have the Amundsen in my 2015 Octavia and never really trusted it, seems to pick strange routes and also too many times the instructions at roundabouts are not correct. When I want to be sure of a route I use my Tom Tom or Google Maps on my phone. If you have an Android phone you can use Waze through Android Auto, far better.

I had the Columbus in my previous Superb and found it far better. Hopefully the Columbus in my 1.5 Edition Karoq will be as good.
Currently 2018 Karoq 1.5 Edition and 2007 Mazda MX5 2.0 Sport.
Previously 1.4 Octavia Elegance Estate and 2.0 TDI Superb Elegance Estate.
Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

The Yeti also let water run off roof. Long time since proper gutters on cars unfortunately.

Grumpy
Grumpy. Karoq 1.0L SE in Business Grey previous Yeti owner
bimbling

Post by bimbling »

The only issue I have with it is the sat nav (Amundsen in an SE L). The voice commands are really irritating - a stacato delivery ("Proceed. Along. The. Road.") road numbers pronounced as a number ("Turn. Left. Onto. The. B Four Thousand Two Hundred And Twenty Three") bizarre pronunciation of certain words (particularly 'possible', which comes out as a strangulated American 'poahsssibull') frequently saying "Keep. Right. In. One. Hundred. Yards" when you actually have to take a turning to the right off the current road, and getting the turnings on roundabouts wrong.

Apart from that, it is a brilliant car: comfortable, smooth, capacious, quiet, economical, adequate performance, reasonable handling, loads of 'goodies'. Love it.
PDriver40

Post by PDriver40 »

After 3 weeks I don't have any huge complaints. One thing that does bother me is that when it's sunnyand i'm wearing sunglasses ,I have noticed that the numbers on the Speedo area almost invisible due to the colour of the dial. I have the digital speedo on now but it is a rather weird little quirk. BTW so far ,im absolutely delighted with the car.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

The colour design of the instrument cluster is very poor and I have found several sets of conditions in which it is not easy to read the main dials. Fortunately, the digital panel allows you to display speed and just the position of the needle is sufficient for engine RPM so it is not a huge issue, however, I am surprised that a European manufacturer has not considered the visibility of the dials more carefully.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post