Engine Cylinder deactivation

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Survey

Post by Survey »

Can anyone tell him why cylinder deactivation notices have disappeared from the dashboard? Do they not show if cruise control is used or if on Eco mode? If that isn't the reason how do I get them back?

IanW

Post by IanW »

IIRC unless you've got the 'driving data' display selected to show instantaneous fuel consumption, then all you will see is the 'eco' icon. Pretty sure it still works with cruise on but I couldnt swear to it...
Survey

Post by Survey »

IanW wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:42 am IIRC unless you've got the 'driving data' display selected to show instantaneous fuel consumption, then all you will see is the 'eco' icon. Pretty sure it still works with cruise on but I couldnt swear to it...
Thanks!
Survey

Post by Survey »

Van it be that the on screen message saying cylinder decativation has been replaced on the lates models by an icon at the top of the screen saying eco in a circle? I've noticed that mine shows this when coasting for instance.
SkodaFan

Post by SkodaFan »

That, I think, is the case. My screen certainly shows the "eco circle" but I can't be definite about this as I don't know what the system had thrown up on models prior to the '23 facelift.

It does seem that there have been, over the past two or three years, several (many?) instances of things being changed for no obvious reason or benefit, but perhaps the (nowadays doubtless very young) designers/instigators have to keep throwing their ideas for "improvements" on the table possibility to justify the continuation of their own positions?
Survey

Post by Survey »

SkodaFan wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:36 pm That, I think, is the case. My screen certainly shows the "eco circle" but I can't be definite about this as I don't know what the system had thrown up on models prior to the '23 facelift.

It does seem that there have been, over the past two or three years, several (many?) instances of things being changed for no obvious reason or benefit, but perhaps the (nowadays doubtless very young) designers/instigators have to keep throwing their ideas for "improvements" on the table possibility to justify the continuation of their own positions?
Too true!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post