No 1.5tsi

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Dolphinfriendly1012

Post by Dolphinfriendly1012 »

Just had the dealership ring me and they have confirmed no orders are closed for 1.5 edition models, diesel still available bit with a long lead time. He did say strangely you can still order a sel model but I'm set on the edition spec and to get the sel close is expensive. He wasn't sure when the order books would open again although I have been told from another dealer they expected end of August beginning of September and the opportunity for the digi dash will become available. I guess I'll have to sit and wait.

Swordfish76

Post by Swordfish76 »

Hi guys, there are several issues with Karoq's production - especially for 1.5 TSi engine. There is big capacity insufficiency currently due to several reasons - lack of Alcantara fabric on market, lack of digital dashboard, assembly line capacity, new emissions measuring methodology (WLTP) required since Sept'18. As a result most Skoda dealers had to stop receiving new orders for Karoq because Skoda has reduced their quotas of cars for this year. There are other reasons as well - production will be shut down in July in order to prepare for MR2019 production. In MR19 Alcantara will be replaced with competitor's product Suedia. Currently they have many cars produced without seats stored outside of factory and waiting for delivery of Alcantara seats. With new WLTP emission measuring rules all car makers need to re-homologate all models again. But EU had agreed this just 15 month ago, so car makers didn't have enough time to re-test all their models. New methodology takes much longer and also newly they have to test almost any combination. Previously they had to test just combinations of engine and gearbox, now they have to test newly even for combinations with different tyre size or A/C version (manual, automatic) as it all has impact on consumption. All measuring labs are running 24/7, but many models wont' be finished before Sept 1. As a result these models will not be homologated and therefore will not be allowed to be sold to customers and ride on roads legally. Skoda has already contracted a rent of former military airbase in Milovice (CZ) from August for storing of produced cars which they will not be allowed to ship to customers due to missing new homologation. They talk about 300K cars ! There will be new production of Karoq started in Germany on the end of 2018 helping Skoda to shorten delivery times of Karoq. They also think about moving production of Karoq's sister car Seat Ateca from Czech Republic to Spain and using that free capacity for building more Karoqs. Btw. I've ordered my Karoq in January (1.5 TSi DSG with LED lights) and will not get it before August.
jimmer69

Post by jimmer69 »

I ordered mine in December & took delivery on March 1st, approx 10 weeks. It's a good car but not so good that I would be prepared to wait six months for delivery.That said, you've only got about six more weeks to wait before you get behind the wheel.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

For folks who are held up by the lack of the Alcantara fabric, one option might be to talk to the dealer about a reduced cost upgrade to leather. it could get the car past the bottleneck. Might be worth a thought...
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
2968mogul

Post by 2968mogul »

Thanks for all that info Swordfish76 .
I too ordered my 1.5TSi DSG SEL in January and was quoted week 23 build (start of June). So far no news except probably not built yet! My dealer is still trying to get any info out of Skoda.
If I hear anything useful I will post......
Better be here before Septemeber when my current MOT runs out :o
Karog 1.5TSi SEL DSG Quartz grey
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

We ordered a 1.5TSi DSG Edition in March. According to our dealer, it should be here in the next couple of weeks; apparently in transit but vehicles are being held up at port due to a lack of space on the mainland... We shall see, but hopeful to have it very soon...
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Stevieboy

Post by Stevieboy »

Lack of space on the mainland! I've heard some feeble excuses in my time, but that's a new one on me.
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Stevieboy wrote: ↑Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:30 pm Lack of space on the mainland! I've heard some feeble excuses in my time, but that's a new one on me.
πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post