No new Karoq -Recall

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Andjam49

Post by Andjam49 »

I was supposed to pick up my Nice New Karoq tomorrow but the dealer has phoned and there's a delay because of a Recall with a major issue with wireless charging & signal amp, apparently it's an issue throughout the vag range, and Skoda won't allow the registration of any new vehicles until the signal booster is removed. Been told hopefully Friday collection, not happy 😂😂

supreme

Post by supreme »

Signal amp booster?

I dont follow you any more details?
Skodaman

Post by Skodaman »

need more details.No skoda recall reported
Adsok Qarok

Post by Adsok Qarok »

Mine was due to be delivered early Monday morning, arrived late afternoon and the delivery guy told me had been waiting around all day due to this recall.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

There is no official Skoda recall on the issue however if you search this up on other forums there are lots of talk about the same issue Adsok has highlighted here.

One poster elsewhere said that DVLA had refused to allow her Edition to be registered, it is suggested it is related to a signal booster on the wireless charging unit which may breach UK legislation. Allegedly no vehicles with wireless charging can be registered in the UK until the booster is disabled, some people report that the wireless charging will still work.

Where people have contacted Skoda about the issue customer services have said they are not allowed to comment on it at this point in time.

Whatever the concern there are cars not being able to be collected from dealers due to some 'issue' that needs to be rectified before registration is allowed, this also seems to be affecting other vehicles in the VW group, Seat Ateca buyers reporting similar issues. This may only be an issue in the UK which is why other posters haven't heard about it.

Time will tell but if anyone hears anything from their dealer please post on this thread then the picture may be clearer...
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Adsok Qarok

Post by Adsok Qarok »

Received a call today from Skoda to have my signal booster box sorted!
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Be interesting to hear what Skoda's compensation is for this and whether they are just taking it out or modifying it. When husband had a recall on his Lexus GS300 they paid £40 in petrol ( prob about 7 years ago) and he got a boxed bottle of Veuve-Clicquot champagne...with Toyota I was lucky if I got a cup of coffee!!
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Adsok Qarok

Post by Adsok Qarok »

Update....it turns out tha Womanofkent was indeed correct about legislation. I was told by the local dealer they are being recalled as the booster box transmits on a frequency that scrambles the frequency of that used by the emergency services! Now all becomes clear! Also correct, was the fact they can’t register new cars with DVLA until the box has been disconnected. Which led me to ask the question....I have mine....is it not registered? Good question my local dealer asked, I will contact the supplying dealer.....On my returned phone call I was advised they had spoken to the supplying dealer and.....errr...in no uncertain terms.....told them off......for releasing my car on Monday without it being registered......or taxed!!! Which then would have meant if I had had an accident, would likely have not been covered on insurance 😳. Car taken straight away, the booster box disconnected and car now registered and taxed....hopefully!!
Livrishind

Post by Livrishind »

My car is due to be built in week 19, 7th May. My dealer has informed me that it will not have the wireless phone charger installed. Not really bothered as I dont have a phone that has IQ charging. Mybe negotiate a small discount though through Skoda finance.
Karoq 1.5 TSI Edition DSG. Quartz grey. Beige leather.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

*comments overlapped so no wireless charger then

Thanks for the update. Can you confirm the wireless charger still works. I wonder if they put the signal booster in because the wireless charger has a cover and is surrounded by other equipment be interesting to see if the mobile signal is as strong without especially in our rural location where mobile signals fade in and out anyway.

Be interesting to see how long before current owners start getting phone calls. We haven't heard anything as yet.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post