Spacesaver spare wheel

All Skoda Karoq related discussions
Karoqer

Post by Karoqer »

I am thinking of buying an SEL 1.5TSI 150 PS DSG, but it seems hard to get clear information on some of the accessories. The marketing brochure is lacking detail, the price list is confusing to say the least, and I am getting conflicting answers from salesmen at the local garage - of course they havent seen one either yet..

Does anyone know whether the spacesaver spare wheel sits completely in the well under the normal boot floor, or does the floor have to be raised to make space?

Is a bluetooth link to the external aerial really necessary? (I am planning on getting the heated windscreen, if that makes any difference)

And does the electric driving seat lose much of the headroom?

Thanks, Karoqer.

bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Karoqer wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 pm I am thinking of buying an SEL 1.5TSI 150 PS DSG, but it seems hard to get clear information on some of the accessories. The marketing brochure is lacking detail, the price list is confusing to say the least, and I am getting conflicting answers from salesmen at the local garage - of course they havent seen one either yet..

Does anyone know whether the spacesaver spare wheel sits completely in the well under the normal boot floor, or does the floor have to be raised to make space?

Is a bluetooth link to the external aerial really necessary? (I am planning on getting the heated windscreen, if that makes any difference)

And does the electric driving seat lose much of the headroom?

Thanks, Karoqer.
I was told that either of the spare wheels fit in the existing well in the boot floor, so I hope that's correct! Not sure about the answers to your other questions though.

I would have had the heated windscreen, but it's a wires in the screen version, and I don't get on with those at all well.
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
Karoqer

Post by Karoqer »

Skoda have confirmed that there is space below the floor to fit either
the "steel space saver spare wheel". or
the "steel temporary spare wheel"
Both a £150 option.
So which do I go for?
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Karoqer wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:34 pm Skoda have confirmed that there is space below the floor to fit either
the "steel space saver spare wheel". or
the "steel temporary spare wheel"
Both a £150 option.
So which do I go for?
Depends on how likely you think you might need to use it - you can usually only drive for a limited distance, and at no more than 50mph on a spacesaver.
dylanmarlais

Post by dylanmarlais »

So if they both fit under the floor, what is the advantage of a space saver? Where is the space being saved? Are we talking about space for the tools? So would there be space for the tools with a temporary steel spare wheel?
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

dylanmarlais wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:29 pm So if they both fit under the floor, what is the advantage of a space saver? Where is the space being saved? Are we talking about space for the tools? So would there be space for the tools with a temporary steel spare wheel?
I think you need the spacesaver wheel if you have the Canton sound system - the sub-woofer sits in it. Can't think of any other reason not to go for the full size spare.
YorkYeti

Post by YorkYeti »

Note that the SE Technology model has the £250 option of a full sized alloy spare. Skoda UK and dealers will deny this model is available but it is available on lease to private customers. Skoda UK can't/won't tell me why the full sized spare is not available on the SE-L.
Karoqer

Post by Karoqer »

Still confused.
The latest brochure option list now shows the SE L and Edition models can have either:
"temporary steel space saver spare wheel ..... 215/60 R16 £150" or
"steel space saving spare wheel ....125/70 R18 £150 "
But still no decent explanation of the practical difference between these, eg in how far and fast you can drive on them.
Any ideas?

Ps The "Full size spare wheel £250" (Size not stated, but presumably the same as the other four) is only an option on the SE.
Perhaps thats something to do with the varioflex seating?
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Karoqer wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:37 pm Still confused.
The latest brochure option list now shows the SE L and Edition models can have either:
"temporary steel space saver spare wheel ..... 215/60 R16 £150" or
"steel space saving spare wheel ....125/70 R18 £150 "
But still no decent explanation of the practical difference between these, eg in how far and fast you can drive on them.
Any ideas?

Ps The "Full size spare wheel £250" (Size not stated, but presumably the same as the other four) is only an option on the SE.
Perhaps thats something to do with the varioflex seating?
According to the handbook, the temporary spare wheel should only be used to get to the nearest garage, doesn't state maximum speed, but on most cars it's 50mph - any standard sized spare can be used as per a normal wheel.

Varioflex seating may well be the reason for the full size wheel option, but I can't find it mentioned anywhere.
Karoqer

Post by Karoqer »

quote: "According to the handbook, the temporary spare wheel should only be used to get to the nearest garage...,"

Do you mean the 215/60 R16 ?
But the 125/70 R18 presumably isn't "standard size" either - otherwise what is the "full size" option.
So I still don't see the practical difference between them.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post