Hello

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Janner74

Post by Janner74 »

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I ordered my Karoq at the beginning of December after sitting an Ateca but not being able to wait 6 months for one. I'm getting a 1.5 SEL with adaptive cruise control and heated windscreen. The car is being built next week (week 4) for a delivery at the beginning of March. I'm really excited. Only 1 worry. I saw a post saying the varioflex seating has less legroom than the standard seats. Has anyone else noticed this?

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum.
I have saw a couple of comments suggesting there is less room but nothing concrete and no evidence from any actual owners as far as I know.

None of the reviews I've seen mention reduced legroom, in fact they all seem to sing its praises.
Menacemum

Post by Menacemum »

We test drove the edition yesterday and there was ample room in the back, especially head room and with the sunroof it appears to be really roomy. If you were in excess of 6’3”/6’4” then you may feel you wanted more knee room but that would probably be in most cars. We were really impressed and have since placed an order.
Janner74

Post by Janner74 »

Rob wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:52 pm Welcome to the forum.
I have saw a couple of comments suggesting there is less room but nothing concrete and no evidence from any actual owners as far as I know.

None of the reviews I've seen mention reduced legroom, in fact they all seem to sing its praises.
Thank you. I'm more worried as I have a tall 4 year old sat on a booster seat. His legs aren't quite long enough to fall naturally behind the front seat and they stick out. Will have to try it when the car arrives. I suppose he'll have to go behind my wife she's not 6 ft 2 like me.
LeGlass

Post by LeGlass »

Hi, I've also ordered an edition, but only tested an SEL. What was the drive like with 19 inch wheels. All reviews I've read suggest a harder ride. I picked edition after all the options I wanted on the SEL made more sense.
Ordered 1.5TSI DSG Edition in Magnetic Brown with beige leather interior, heated back seats and park assist.
Janner74

Post by Janner74 »

LeGlass wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:19 pm Hi, I've also ordered an edition, but only tested an SEL. What was the drive like with 19 inch wheels. All reviews I've read suggest a harder ride. I picked edition after all the options I wanted on the SEL made more sense.
Sadly I can't comment as I haven't driven any karoq. I ordered mine before they were in the country. As I ordered through a dealer ship that is not local. When I went to look at one at my local dealership, they wouldn't let me have a test drive as I want going to buy from them. Have a look on YouTube. There are some reviewed in English. Carbuyer and Autogehful are good. Not sure what trim level they test. I'd have liked an edition model but it was too expensive for us and I was concerned the sunroof would cause me problems. (I'm 6ft 2in)