New karoq owner (new owner not new Karoq) :p

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
fsec

Post by fsec »

Hi,

New Karoq owner (new to me) here. Karoq on a 19 plate, picked up last Tuesday.

I live in Northern Ireland so was looking to buy a car in GB as they are much cheaper there than NI. Did a lot of looking and finally settled on one from Listers in Coventry. It was on a 69 plate with just over 20k miles o the clock and came wth all the extended warranties, £250 deposit contribution, etc etc. However, when I tried to finalise the deal I was told they do not sell outside mainland UK. Tried to explain NI is part of mainland UK, without NI there is no UK, mainland or otherwise. It is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Without NI it is onbly GB. Talking to a stone I was, although the salesman was very sorry and understanding, saying that it was the directors decision.

Anyway, found another 69 plate with similar mileage but a little more expensive from another dealer (not Skoda) so could not get all the extras. Got approved for the finance and they were waiting for the deposit when I spotted another one from another Skoda dealer who was happy to sell the car to a UK address. I suppose they would sell it to a dog if it could bark up the deposit. No issues with Post Code.

Picked it up last week and drove it up on Saturday. Very comfortable ride. It is my second Skoda. I did have an Octavia that I kept for 8 years until I tired of it. Went onto Mrecs for 7 years (220 CDi) and then a Dacia Sandero due to its miles per gallon and zero road tax.

Now I have the Karoq that I am quite pleased about. It is a 1.6 TDi SE in black :D

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

What an odd policy from your first dealer! After all, if you were willing to collect it they weren't incurring extra delivery costs, and Skoda UK certainly supply NI while Skoda Ireland supply the European trim levels and specs. So the Skoda UK warranty should still be valid I'd have thought.

Hope all goes well for you, and you enjoy your new car :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post