NEW TO FORUM

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
rocketRon

Post by rocketRon »

Hello all, just purchased a Karoq SE L 1.5 TSI DSG 2020.
It's an ex demonstrator car with 2350 miles on it.
Are there any known problems I need to consider / address?
the test drive (45 Min) was wonderful, except for all the traffic!
I traded in my 2010 Octavia Elegance 1.4 Estate, which has been a wonderful car.
8-)

Dodgyskoda

Post by Dodgyskoda »

Get rid of it quick.
Nightmare car with loads of problems
Mine is going back as Skoda head office put their head in the sand and so do dealers ( Beadles Southend)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Many owners have no problems, but I'm just wondering when it was made. Cars made before August 2020 were MY20 cars (with an 'L' as the 10th character in the VIN), while cars made after August are MY21 cars (with an 'M' as the 10th character).

The MY21 cars are blessed with the 3rd generation infotainment systems and USB-C sockets, while the MY20s had the 2nd generation and SD card ports. Owners across all VAG cars have had problems using the 3rd generation system, undoubtedly worsened by poor user documentation, and the online nature of the cars has also generated some pissed off owners (as above). If you're affected, you can see examples by googling for MIB3 or scrolling through threads on the forum.

If yours is a MY20 car, then the only problem I'm aware of is the stuttering take off of the 1.5TSI engine. This should have been rectified by dealers, and if yours seems fine then you should be alright.

I've had my car for nearly a year now, and has had the occasional software issue (with the front assist camera occasionally not being activated and giving error reports, which disappear if I stop and restart the engine, or wrong speed limits being reported (seemingly in kph instead of mph, or the headlights being set to driving on the right!). But in general I am very pleased with it, and am reluctant to mention the issues at its first service in case the updated software is worse!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
rocketRon

Post by rocketRon »

Thank you I believe mine was registered 5th September. I will know better when I collect it.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum.
Ignore the doom mongers! The odd rubbish car occurs with all manufacturers. Also, sadly, there are some cr@p Skoda dealers!
I am on my third Karoq. Reg April 20.
The only problems I have had on any of the three were. screeching brake pads on rear on current one. replaced under warranty. Low tone horn packed up last week, replacement with dealer within 24 hours and will be replaced under warranty next week.
One problem with all Skodas is the cr@p wiper blades that judder and screech. Be prepared to lay out £19 on Bosch Aero blades on Ebay. problem solved
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post