First Skoda

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dargent

Post by Dargent »

Hi, I bought an 18 plate 1.0SE Auto Karoq last weekend, my first Skoda ever. What a lovely drive. It was very smooth indeed and although I suffered the stop/start all the way home, I found out how to disable it on each trip. I will use it if I am snarled up in traffic, but otherwise, the stop start feature causes more anguish at roundabouts than it’s worth.

I was surprised how willing the 3 cylinder engine is too, with turbo help. I have owned 3 hybrids over the last 14 years, but this is the smallest engined vehicle of them all and quite capable of decent performance, not that o bought the car for street racing.

Overall, very happy with my car and looking forward to many miles of enjoyable driving in the years ahead.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum.
Many happy miles ahead of you!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
fuzzypob

Post by fuzzypob »

The tip (I think from Colin) on here about giving your steering wheel a slight turn to make the engine start up again when it's been stopped really changed my opinion on the stop start and removes that roundabout anxiety :D
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

fuzzypob wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:01 am The tip (I think from Colin) on here about giving your steering wheel a slight turn to make the engine start up again when it's been stopped really changed my opinion on the stop start and removes that roundabout anxiety :D
Note that this may work for other marques, but I have 2 cars from the same manufacturer and the s/s systems are different. One will restart with a tug on the wheel, the other will roll at up to ~12mph with steering control without the engine restarting.
Dargent

Post by Dargent »

Thank you for the welcome, looking forward to some easy chillaxed motoring 😊
Dargent

Post by Dargent »

fuzzypob wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:01 am The tip (I think from Colin) on here about giving your steering wheel a slight turn to make the engine start up again when it's been stopped really changed my opinion on the stop start and removes that roundabout anxiety :D
Thanks I will give that a try next time out. 👍
b2bgoods

Post by b2bgoods »

My First Skoda, I love it

SKODA_20211021114400.jpg

Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Welcome to the forum.
I can't recognise the number plate or see the country identifier. Where from?
Colin Lambert. AKA 'Kodiaq'
Moderator Karoq Forum.
Dip Automotive Eng.
Had 8 Skodas, last one was 3rd Karoq. 2019 Sportline 1.5 TSi DSG Race Blue.
Now Kia eNiro4+ :lol:
Soup

Post by Soup »

Fuzhou in Fujian Province, China.

I think.
St George

Post by St George »

I’ve had my Karoq L auto 1.5 for two years now. I could not believe the power and acceleration this car has, plus handling and braking. It is a lovely car to drive with all the old cons of modern vehicles. As a Class 1 police advanced driver I have drive numerous high performance cars over many years, usually with at least a 3 litre engine under the bonnet. Range Rovers on motorway patrol etc. This smallengined,economical vehicle is a revelation to me. (Last two cars were Jeep Grand Cherokee 4 ltr and Jaguar 3.5 ltr S type ) Apart from noisy wipers now fixed, this car is incredible for its money. I now await my ordered replacement, which I am told is now in transit.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post