wing mirror fault

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
mike65

Post by mike65 »

Hi
peeps, I have a 2018 petrol version an its has just had a service. I asked the service centre to check on the mirrors because they were making a mechanical noise when folding and unfolding, as if a cog had/was slipping. The result was its failing, and they wanted £950 to replace. this is unacceptable to me given its only done 21k. why cant the unit be fixed? has anyone else had this problem? thanks for your input. :shock:

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I'm afraid your warranty (unless extended) has expired.
There is no such thing as 'repair' in modern cars.
Real mechanics don't exist anymore. they are only 'fitters' or, for those so trained in electronics, Technicians.
It is chuck away and replace these days.
First try for a sympathetic contribution with the dealer which will probably result in a "no".
next step contact Skoda Customer Services 0333 003 7504. Ask to speak to a CS MANAGER!
Those answering the 'phone have little authority.
Stand your ground and if no go try again and keep pestering with threats and you may find they finally capitulate.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

As kodiaq says... a cheaper repair may be possible from an independent garage, and sourcing a replacement from a breaker's.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
bryfly48

Post by bryfly48 »

It will never happen but If ever one thing needs investigation it's the spares mark up from car manufactures, I know when I worked for a vehicle mirror manufacture years ago the mark up was 10x cost

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post