Just ordered from UK

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
jamhunt

Post by jamhunt »

Just ordered the 1.5 TSI Edition DSG with a few extras. Hoping it comes by early March. Not seen the car yet but hopefully will arrive in the next week or so for a test drive. We spent many hours researching and decided this was the best car for us vs Tiguan, Qashqai, Ateca, 3008 and a few others. Any questions about this spec or optional extras just let us know - and once I’ve test driven I’d be happy to answer questions! Cheers all

jimmer69

Post by jimmer69 »

;) Hi Jamhunt, iv'e ordered the exactly the same model & spec ( SE TECHOLOGY DSG 1.5 PETROL) myself on 25/11 looking to take delivery on or close to 15th March when my Qashqai lease hire ends. I went and viewed the Karoq at Skoda Gloucester last week as they had a model in the showroom and it looks great in the metal.Can't wait!!! jimmer69
supreme

Post by supreme »

jamhunt wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:14 pm Just ordered the 1.5 TSI Edition DSG with a few extras. Hoping it comes by early March. Not seen the car yet but hopefully will arrive in the next week or so for a test drive. We spent many hours researching and decided this was the best car for us vs Tiguan, Qashqai, Ateca, 3008 and a few others. Any questions about this spec or optional extras just let us know - and once I’ve test driven I’d be happy to answer questions! Cheers all
This is exactly same case for me. I preordered Ateca over year ago but cancelled due to not able to get production date after 8 months. Lucky for me i guess because then Karoq got introduced and after some reasearch and test driving other cars as you mentioned i sticked to Karoq preorder.

Test drive for Karoq is available for most EU countries in early january. Early reports say that its more comfortable to drive than Ateca but bit better interior. I did not find any small suv car that is as good acceleration/fuel consuption ratio than Karoq and many other extras.
Oveall i think Skoda did well with this segment. Main thing for me was heated windscreen that so many other car manufactures does not offer except VW group and some other german cars.
I didnt like 3008 how it felt when driving and looking dashboard that steering wheel was in odd postition not clear view of dashboard.
Tiguan is ok option but price is just no match to others unless you really need that bit better interior.
All those Kia's and hondas have aweful engines that does not do well and consume a lot more fuel.

Mine should arrive around early march also but im not from uk :)
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Welcome to the forum!
jamhunt

Post by jamhunt »

Hi all good to meet you virtually! Having a test drive next week with my local dealer so will see how that goes - deposit was "subject to test drive"...
I have driven the Kodiaq which was great so hoping the Karoq will be similar.
Lead time quoted for my car is 8-10 weeks.
The Karoq should have arrived in most dealerships over the last few days but will probably be on trade plates so you can't test drive without a dealership staff member, I believe.
One odd thing I noticed is on the configurator page on Skoda website it seems to suggest 4&5 year warranty is a £0 optional extra on the Edition (only) - however my dealer is saying it costs extra...any ideas?
Let me know how you all get on!
Cheers
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

jamhunt wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:33 pm Hi all good to meet you virtually! Having a test drive next week with my local dealer so will see how that goes - deposit was "subject to test drive"...
I have driven the Kodiaq which was great so hoping the Karoq will be similar.
Lead time quoted for my car is 8-10 weeks.
The Karoq should have arrived in most dealerships over the last few days but will probably be on trade plates so you can't test drive without a dealership staff member, I believe.
One odd thing I noticed is on the configurator page on Skoda website it seems to suggest 4&5 year warranty is a £0 optional extra on the Edition (only) - however my dealer is saying it costs extra...any ideas?
Let me know how you all get on!
Cheers
Apparently the warranty is a dealer fit option, rather than something offered by Skoda - doesn't explain why the website treats the other versions differently though! There are still anomalies on the configurator, showing folding heated door mirrors as an option for example (and they can only be added if you specify the heated windscreen), when the brochure shows them as standard on all versions.....

Mine should be at the dealers by now, although I gather they're not allowed to deliver any until they've had the launch events next week!
Skoda Karoq 1.5TSI SE L Capuccino Beige
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Just had a call from the dealer to say that the car is in, and will be ready for collection on launch day, 11th January!

Really looking forward to getting my hands on it at last :D
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

bone_tone wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:24 pm Just had a call from the dealer to say that the car is in, and will be ready for collection on launch day, 11th January!

Great news, look forward to seeing the pictures :)
bone_tone

Post by bone_tone »

Rob wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:49 am
bone_tone wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:24 pm Just had a call from the dealer to say that the car is in, and will be ready for collection on launch day, 11th January!

Great news, look forward to seeing the pictures :)
Car collected, the second one on the road in Cambridge! First impressions are great, big improvement over the Qashqai I traded in.

Too dark when I got home, will post some photos tomorrow if I get time.