New to the New Skodas

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

Hi im new to the new Skodas, I used to have an old Skoda when Skodas were Skodas
Query... I have the owners manual Skoda Karoq .... Is there an online manual anywhere that explains things in more detail rather than just icons etc and the brief descriptions given in the paper manual

Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

karoqkar wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:28 pm Hi im new to the new Skodas, I used to have an old Skoda when Skodas were Skodas
Query... I have the owners manual Skoda Karoq .... Is there an online manual anywhere that explains things in more detail rather than just icons etc and the brief descriptions given in the paper manual
Just google Skoda Karoq manuals.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

If you're in the UK, you can access the online manual for your car at https://manual.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb/Models by entering the VIN. Or you can also access it via the MySkoda phone app. Note that you can't download a PDF copy any more from Skoda UK, and the paper copy I had with my Karoq had very few details about the infotainment system.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

Thanks for replies
I looked at the online manuals...... yes probably better laid out easier read but roughly same info.
I tried MySkoda app, logged in set password set s-pin etc. all it seems to do is want to activate vehicle, app shows 2 screens called Garage..????
I went to car with keys pressed buttons on keys as asked on infotainment screen etc. also set as primary user..??? ..... still cannot see what it does...???
now my name come up on infotainment when switched on etc. thats is the only change I see.
I have now deleted me as a car user, primary user etc......car still works..??
Just wondering what does it do.???
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

Just wondering if anyone reading these forum pages can tell me what MySkoda app does?. What is it for?
Does it matter if I login to my car?
What am I missing if I delete myself as user or even Primary user?
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

I don't use the app, but it's to give you remote access to the car so you can check various things e.g. that it's all locked. You are also supposedly able to plan navigation routes on myskoda which can then be sent remotely to the car to use on the satnav - but the consensus seems to be that it doesn't work!
Re primary user, I think the idea is that by assigning a key to a user, the various settings you enter into the infotainment system are stored to the key, so when the other key is used then similarly the settings last used against that key/user are set up. On the models with electric seats/mirror memories, these also adjust to the settings for each key when entering the car.
I may be wrong, but I think that only one myskoda user can 'control' a car, hence why there is a primary user designation.
Re your initial comments on owners manual, unfortunately you will find that the infotainment now being installed in Karoqs is not covered - the manuals still have instructions for the previous system! So you'll have to do a lot of trial and error when trying to work through the settings etc - but you can always ask on here too.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I agree that the digital owner's manuals via the MySkoda app don;t cover the MIB3 infotainment system. But the paper copy I was able to download from the Skoda UK website IS up to date. I have two versions, the 2020-07 issue and the 2020-11 issue available for anyone who needs one. But as they're each around 34MB, they are too large to post on the forum. I could try emailing them - but are they too large for email inboxes too? As a last resort I could open up a shared Dropbox folder for a short time.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
karoqkar

Post by karoqkar »

Thanks for the info. I can get to Skoda UK webpage, put in VIN but it takes me to the Digital Online manual which I can read OK.
I cannot find any download links to a PDF version.
Regards Dropbox. you don't actually need to share a file or folder, that option requires me to login to dropbox to view or download it. or if I don't have a dropbox account then would have to register one.
A more simple option is to use "create link" option. this creates a line of text (an url to the file that is stored on dropbox). Then post this text url or email it to who you want to give access. They can only view online or download....no need to login.