Hi from a potential new owner

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
mistac

Post by mistac »

Folks. Unless there’s any last-minute hitches, due to pick up a new car 1.5 SEL DSG in business grey tomorrow. Son already has one and I was very impressed with it so have traded in my golf GTi as now at an age when I want a little bit more relaxed motoring and potential space for future plans et cetera. Will update and send pics once it arrives. Forgot to say, as it’s all been done at very short notice it does not have a spare wheel et cetera only an inflation Kit. Will be exploring options as to getting some sort of aftermarket kit spare wheel kit et cetera. Also was a little bit horrified to find that if I ever need replacement tires, they’re up to 50% more expensive than what my golf GTi tires were! I guess it’s because it’s an unusual size and supply and demand et cetera?
Skoda Karoq 1.5 DSG SEL June 2021 MY21 with optional Virtual Cockpit

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I can't remember the size of my SE L's tyres. My current one has 19" 'rubber band' tyres. Very bad ride and begging to be curbed, to the degree that I paid £300 for a set of 16" wheels and tyres, from a Yeti owning friend. Far better.

Re spare. I bought a brand new (well never used anyway) space saver complete with jack and tools from my local scrappy for £75 BARGAIN!
Doesn't HAVE to be for a Karoq as long as you get the wheel dimensions correct.
112 PCD, 56 centre bore and 45 offset. Check on Line to make sure I'm correct. Very common size for midsize VAG. I think mine came from a written off Tiguan.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
mistac

Post by mistac »

Many thanks
ray21

Post by ray21 »

Hi I bought my Karoq in April/21 and asked for 18" wheels as I had seen reports of the hard ride on 19".Dealer supplied them and all good as regards ride.
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

ray21 wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:04 pm Hi I bought my Karoq in April/21 and asked for 18" wheels as I had seen reports of the hard ride on 19".Dealer supplied them and all good as regards ride.
18"s are standard on a MY21 car
Must be mad not enough money to be eccentric
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Not necessarily. SE L MY21 cars got 19" Crater wheels from August, but reverted to 18" Bragas from December 2020.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
mistac

Post by mistac »

And the above reason is exactly why I was very specific with my dealer - I wanted 18" Bragas (and got them) as one of the reasons for my vehicle change was for improved ride quality - I am very happy with the ride quality as it feels like it glides down the road now !
caravancrazy

Post by caravancrazy »

As a Skoda Karoq Owner & driver I have been reading on the forum here about owners complaining about the harsh ride being obtained when 19 inch wheels are fitted by the factory, my wife & I have just returned after a journey off over 2500 miles which consisted travelling on Motorways , A ,B roads plus the occasional Devon lanes & neither my wife or myself had any complaints about how comfortable the ride was, my wife even commented on how comfortable the ride is compared to our last car which was built in France & the car name started with a R & the second name started with a K, my only complaint with the 19 inch wheels is the fact that very low profile tyres do not have a protective bead which help to protect the rims when you hit a pot hole & many towns now have very high granite kerb stones which requires extra care when parking, when my wife ordered her Karoq 1.5 tsi sel from the dealer in August 2020 the model which was in the showroom had 18 inch rims but Skoda in their wisdom decided to carry out an upgrade during the build resulting on 19 inch rims being fitted but later in December they changed back to 18 inch rims so what are the 18 inch rims like for avoiding being crunched on kerbs ?
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Depends on the aspect.
19 inch on my Edition were fitted with 45. 19 inch on my current Sportline fitted with 40.
Why the hell Skoda fit sports car tyres on an SUV God alone knows. MORONS! If I had wanted rubber band tyres I would have bought a sports car NOT an SUV!
Neither have I found acceptable, whereas 16 inch rims with 55 aspect is very comfortable and doesn't affect roadholding and you can bounce of curbs :lol: 'til the cows come home with no damage to the rims.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post