Just taken delivery of Edition 1.5 DSG

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
davidhoestreet

Post by davidhoestreet »

Hi Everybody, found the Forum and looking forward to sharing Karoq "stories". Had a great dealer experience up to the point of the handover so have had to watch You Tube to get to grips with most things. That said there are a few issues that leave me perplexed!

I did not get a service handbook that will be stamped when the car has its services. Is this no longer given out?

Thanks, David

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

There haven't been service handbooks with any new cars for a few years I'm told, as all details are stored in the manufacturer's servers - as long as you use an authorised repairer! So I'd advise keeping the paper records you'll get itemising what was done at the service.

Have fun with your new car!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

More thoughts...

Are cars going paper-free?
If you have just bought your new Karoq, you may have noticed there’s not much in the owner’s wallet in the glovebox nowadays!
Well, sales brochures and price lists largely disappeared from car dealer’s showrooms some years ago – saving the manufacturers from transporting the latest issues to their dealers, and the dealers then having to dispose of their outdated stocks. But instead prospective customers had to have a computer to find the PDF files, download them, and print them out on an inkjet printer if they wanted to read a paper copy!

New Škodas come with a 3 year Roadside Assistance scheme. But the Roadside Assistance Handbook is no longer in the glovebox for you. Instead you have to download it from https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/roadside-assistance

You’ll also find details about the 3 year warranty at https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/warranty

And although there is a paper copy of the Owners Manual for you, in my case at least the downloaded version from https://manual.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb/Models held a lot more information about the infotainment system than the paper one did!

Finally, you’ll notice that there is no Service Handbook giving details about the servicing requirements, and pages to record each service that has been carried out. Well this is now held in Škoda’s computer records so that any registered dealer or repairer can see at a glance what needs to be done to your car, and also whether the car has a full service history. So if you want to be able to prove your car has been serviced you’ll need to keep the paper receipts from each service, and insist they detail what work was carried out!

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
RogR

Post by RogR »

I took delivery of an Edition 1.5 DSG in March during lockdown, having never driven one before. I also had no paperwork, but was also wondering if you were offered a service plan, I think the first two services on my Karoq are free, but on my last VW, I paid monthly for a service plan at the start of ownership but the dealer never mentioned it this time.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

The service plan is shown as an option in the brochure / price list so if you've got one it should be shown on the invoice for the car I'd expect. I also bought one (full payment up front) with my last Golf and seem to remember eventually getting a letter from VW Finance confirming the details. But the 2 year deal VAG now offer didn't seem as good a deal as my previous one so decided it was more cost-effective to keep the money in my bank rather than VAGs until it was needed to pay for a service.
Patr

Post by Patr »

RogR

I took delivery of my Edition on 1 May and was offered a 2 service package for £159 during the sales/order discussions. I negotiated with my feet, ie a sharp turn to the right towards the showroom exit, and it was then added in to the deal, gratis.

I believe that the £159 was a discounted price from the brochure/pricelist price. I received a service plan invoice at the time of delivery with all the other documents and Skoda sent a letter of confirmation after a week or so.

If you haven't got an invoice or a confirmitory letter I would suspect that you haven't been signed into the service plan and it may be worthwhile giving your dealer a ring to check.