Edition hopefully soon to be ordered!

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
TurboGoose

Post by TurboGoose »

I was told mine arrived at Emden on Sunday but I am at the moment doubtful it’ll be here soon-it took ages to get to Emden. Fingers crossed it actually gets shipped soon and fingers crossed for you too!

DarrenL

Post by DarrenL »

Thanks. Hope we both get our cars soon!
TurboGoose

Post by TurboGoose »

Woo! Mine is on the ship, making its way to Grimsby. What were everyone’s times like to collection from Grimsby/Sheerness. I hope it’ll be a nice treat towards the start of my 6 week break from work.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

TurboGoose wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:40 pm Woo! Mine is on the ship, making its way to Grimsby. What were everyone’s times like to collection from Grimsby/Sheerness. I hope it’ll be a nice treat towards the start of my 6 week break from work.
That depends how fast your dealer organises a transporter lorry to get it to him for PDI, and I suppose that will depend on how many other cars he or his dealer network are waiting for!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
DarrenL

Post by DarrenL »

TurboGoose just wondering if you're closer to getting your car? Mine is still in the factory, as best as I can make out it's waiting some engine ecu parts due to the silicon shortage. Hope at least some cars are making their way to their new owners!
G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

Hi,
We’re waiting for my wife’s Karoq sportline but have been told there is a delay with the ‘chips’ in the ECU I think.
We spoke direct to Skoda U.K. and they are unsure how long the delays are on these..
This is apperently affecting several in the VAG group.

Cheers
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Apparently the average new car contains around 1,500 computer chips! And the worldwide shortage of these essential components is causing major problems to most car manufacturers around the world.

There's an interesting article about it here: https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... t-70-years

Almost makes you long for classic cars from the 1950's: dynamos instead of alternators, SU carbs instead of fuel injection, optional heaters instead of air-con, trafficators instead of flashing indicators, stick on heated rear windows... or perhaps not!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
DarrenL

Post by DarrenL »

G19Shaw, been told exactly the same when i called them last week. When did you order? I ordered mine back in April. Build week was 14th June, since then it's been sitting about waiting for some ecu chips. Everytime I ask the online chat I'm told try again the end of next week.
G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

Darren,
We ordered ours mid June - build week was 21st June.
Our dealer has advised us delivery will probably be September but who knows with this shortage?
I asked our dealer for a 71 reg if it came before anyway but highly doubt it will now anyway.
DarrenL

Post by DarrenL »

G19Shaw, hopefully there'll be a big shipment of the missing parts soon and all the cars can start leaving the factory. Mine was suppose to be around mid July delivery, I guess at this rate at least I'll get the new reg!