Edition hopefully soon to be ordered!

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Shortage of computer ships is affecting not only EVERY car manufacturer (not just VAG) but any piece of equipment that requires a silicon chip.
Hence the very low availability (very high price of P/X) of second hand cars.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

Any of you guys had an update or ETA yet?
I contacted Skoda U.K. who said the car is build but just waiting for a semi-conductor like everyone else I guess. They can’t see any ETA’s though, just status of the car.
Spoke with my dealer this week who has since confirmed they have recieved a bulletin saying the car is to be be delivered in September.
Let’s wait and see and hoping it’s not BS :)
DarrenL

Post by DarrenL »

Hello G19Shaw, mine was built week beginning 14th June and I got a call yesterday from the dealer saying it had left the factory. Hopefully this represents that production is getting going again and the missing parts are becoming (albeit in rather reduced numbers I'd guess) available. Best of luck getting your car soon!
G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

Hi Darren,

That’s great news ! Bet you can’t wait. Ours was built week of 21st June so the week after yours, hopefully this will be leaving the factory in due course then if they are working on a week by week basis.
Thanks for the update and enjoy the motor when you get it.
DarrenL

Post by DarrenL »

Hi G19Shaw, yes i can't wait it's been on order since April, been a long wait! I just wanted to send an update, it arrived at the port of Emden on the 22nd August and was cleared for shipping on last Tuesday (31st) it's still waiting to be assigned a ship. I'm guessing it'll be another 3-4 weeks before I finally get it. Any update on your order?
G19Shaw

Post by G19Shaw »

Yes ours also! We waited nearly 9 months for my partners seat arona 2 years ago and we’re hoping not to have a wait as long again but seems to of happened again!
Never Mind!
Thanks for the update.
Our dealer is getting updates daily but it is still unfortunately on the production line so hoping it will be completed soon!
I guess we will be looking at an October delivery now but who knows !