Edition hopefully soon to be ordered!

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
TurboGoose

Post by TurboGoose »

Hi all,
Just thought I’d introduce myself as I’ve just begun the process of hopefully ordering a 1.5tsi edition manual with a few extras.

I have put in the paperwork with the dealer and he said that it’ll take Skoda Finance (VWFS) until “the start of next month” (May) to give a decision. Does this sound legit or is he trying to push the order back into May if they’ve already met April targets?

Always paranoid about finance stuff, does anyone know how easy it is to get accepted for VWFS pcp? My credit score (fictitious, I know...) is top rating on every app I have, I’m employed, have mortgage etc.

Finally, how did everyone find the estimate of delivery-is it optimistic or pessimistic? I’ve been quoted 12 weeksish.

I just want to get excited but feel I can’t till finance is approved. I loved when I test drove the Karoq, it’s a wonderful car. I just hope this all works out.

Thanks!

bryfly48

Post by bryfly48 »

When I purchased my SE L in March it was approved the same day within a few hours, maybe there is a delay due to Monday being a Bank Holiday?
Patr

Post by Patr »

It could be the Bank Holiday

I ordered my new Edition 1.5TSI DSG on Monday, VWFS approved my application in an hour and as the car was in stock I pick it up tomorrow. One sleep and very excited!
TurboGoose

Post by TurboGoose »

Exciting times Patr! Hope handover goes well for you.

It sounds like what I suspected with the dealer and he’s trying to push it into May to get a sale for his May target. I thought it seemed like a bit of nonsense; a week doesn’t make much difference to be honest but I hate being treated like a fool (I know every dealer has “tricks” though).
Does anyone know if it’s possible for finance to get approved over the weekend or is it just working week times? He said the member of staff responsible would propose my application to the finance guy yesterday.
Many thanks,
Patr

Post by Patr »

Thank you! I would get back to the dealer and remind them that there are many other Skoda dealers who would like your business.

I experienced the highs and lows of 'Sales Executives' when looking to purchase my Karoq. Still waiting for a callback from one last Sunday, one addressed me as Squire and one came back to me in ten minutes with the exact spec I wanted apart from a heated steering wheel fitted at the factory.

I will order one from the factory then was my answer as the HSW was not an option I would have added but the vehicle was brand new, in stock and could be PDI'd in a week. We agreed a deal and I have been astounded at the professional courtesy of the young man I have been dealing with. Quartz metallic, DSG, digital dash, HSW and a spare was the final spec and I am delighted. He got my business.

I hope you get your sorted and remember that a sharp about turn and a walk towards the exit does wonders at mind concentration.
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

We took the VWFS finance deal when we bought our factory order Edition last year, solely to get the deposit contribution - the cash deals at the time were more expensive! The finance was agreed on the spot - no waiting around - and to be honest I find it difficult to believe that your dealer cannot do that, particularly as a lot of sales in normal (non lockdown) times are done at the weekend. Most credit application processes are automated and a finance business as big as VWFS would have staff available even at weekends for any referrals the system kicks up. Sorry to say, I think you are right in assuming the dealer is trying to delay your order to get it into May figures (both for vehicle and finance volume) presumably having filled his April targets. He probably hasn't come clean with you on that as he probably thinks you'd try and negotiate a 'sweetener' such as a servicing package, in return!
Anyway - as to factory order times, all the dealers we spoke with quoted 12 weeks, and we got the impression this was a 'stock' answer and represented the longest an order would normally take, and if the order was completed in under that timescale then it would make the delaer look good. Ours was ordered on 18th September and we took delivery on 6th November. By the way, a test of how good your dealer is / will be, is whether or not they keep you advised of progress with the order as it progresses - they get weekly reports on their orders which a good dealer would pass on to you - ours did and without any prompting - others on this and other Skoda forums have advised they had to chase their dealers for progress reports.
TurboGoose

Post by TurboGoose »

Thanks all-I’m now wondering how to approach the dealer on this. I’m thinking of emailing him and calling him out about the reason why my order is taking so long. I’d signed the paperwork though before he mentioned about the finance taking until early May! So I don’t think I’d be able to threaten backing out of the sale. It’s such a shame as this is the first time I’ve bought a new car and bought a car without my husband present (he is recovering from surgery and looking after our baby boy-he and I am both fully confident I know enough about cars and could hold my own against a dealer...the latter I’m not so sure about now). It’s all left a bit of negative impression already and the order probably hasn’t actually been put in yet 🤦🏻‍♀️. The joys of buying a car!
TurboGoose

Post by TurboGoose »

An update: my order was put in the first few days of May (surprise, surprise!) so I am not keenly awaiting my Karoq! When I’ve checked with Skoda Uk online chat, they seem to believe it’s been assigned the build week commencing 14th June. It’s come forward by two weeks once. Have many of you had your build date move forward several times. Also, if this is the case that it’ll be approx 14th June, when roughly would you imagine it landing with the dealer? I’m so excited-I don’t want to wish time away but it’s so tough when I have my first new build car to look forward to.
Thank you in advance
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I collected mine about 3 weeks after it was built, but it all depends on how long it queues for a train to Emden, then a ferry to the UK.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
DarrenL

Post by DarrenL »

TurboGoose I wonder if you have any update on your car? I'm in the same boat as yourself, my Karoq order was build week 28th June then brought forward to a confirmed build date of the 14th June. Now it's still in production almost 4 weeks later. Best I can establish so far is it's in quality control waiting parts.