Just saying hi.

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

I'm just waiting for delivery on a 1.5 SEL DSG, so no questions to ask as so far I know what I'm getting oh, it's Charcoal Grey, spec seems very good for the money.
My first auto so that will be fun getting used to it, had a 2 hour test drive but still at the end I kept putting my foot on the brake to change gear :D going to tie my leg to the seat :D
Must be mad not enough money to be eccentric

Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

Not Charcaol Grey but Businsess Grey can't find the edit option.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum!
Tip for first time auto drivers......... to stop your left foot depressing the 'clutch' which turns out to be the brake...... place left foot behind right leg as far as it will go. That gives the brain time to get into gear and stop the left foot doing things it should not do!
Any questions, feel free to ask away, I'm sure someone here will have the answer.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

Thanks for the welcome I'm sure I'll get used to the auto, left leg is knackered hence the change,
caravancrazy

Post by caravancrazy »

Well I was in the same position approx six years ago when my wife needed an automatic due to mobility issues with her left
knee, it did not take us long to get accustomed to just putting our left foot when driving on the foot rest which is in approx same location as your clutch pedal normally is, as it turned out shortly after getting our first automatic I had to have a replacement left knee joint which meant that I was out off action for several weeks 6 to be exact & also as we had an automatic I was able to get back behind the wheel a lot sooner, now having been driving an automatic for all those years I would never want to drive a manual again also if I had known how easy it is to drive an automatic my wife & I would have had an automatic many years earlier it is now second nature to drive an automatic , all the best to driving your new automatic when you take delivery.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Hear Hear! My left knee is original but knackered. Rugby and driving most of my working life @ 30K a year in manual cars. Just try and work out how many times I depressed the clutch pedal! :o
Also living, as I do, in a large conurbation driving auto is a no brainer. Manual ....never again!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Pragmatix55

Post by Pragmatix55 »

Same here, knee shot to much carrying heavy objects across raked stages, and not helped by getting knocked of my motorbike and ending up on the back seat of the car in front, not sure who was most surprised, I was stationary at the time, the driver that crashed into me said she couldn't see because the sun was in here eyes, which was strange as it was evening and the sun was behind us, but I suppose a big bloke on a large BMW waiting behind a red Golf and a white transit is very hard to see. She was charged with driving with out due care and attention, but the case got dropped, the police motorcyclist that attended on the day was furious with the outcome, turns out she was the local sheriffs daughter.
Back to cars just had a phone call to tell me it will be ready on friday