Newbie iPod connectivity

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Lastofthetimelordz

Post by Lastofthetimelordz »

Hi guys looking to change my motor in the next couple of months currently driving Seat Ateca SE Tech, I'm a bit old school and love my classic iPod. Any one shed some light on using iPod with the Karoq with the newer USB-C inputs. Primarily will it work?
Thanks in advance

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

I haven't heard of anyone getting one working over USB. VW used to sell a special lead to link an iPod to a multipin socket in Golfs etc, But I think cars with USB ports would need extra software to get them to work. So my iPod sits at home coupled to my hi-fi amp and I've copied my iTunes library onto a 128GB USB-C memory stick. It's a dual end USB-C and USB-A device so will connect to both my PC and the car, and is small enough to fit under the sliding cover to the phonebox in my Karoq.

The MIB3 Amundsen in my car will let you store artists, albums or even genres as favourites for ease of access... and the only thing I miss from the iPod is the Genius shuffle which offers some fascinating links across your music library. :)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Lastofthetimelordz

Post by Lastofthetimelordz »

Cheers Chris I suspected it wouldn't work after trawling the internet
David

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post