New to Skoda - SOS warning message pop-up

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
BJB

Post by BJB »

Hi Everyone,
I’m new to this forum and joined having read some of the posts re issues with the SOS warning light and pop-up message. Needless to say, I’m having the same issues with my brand new Kodiaq SE L 7 seater.
SOS light goes red, then off then green again. And sometimes, rather randomly the pop-up SOS warning message to take vehicle to a dealer.
Currently back in with the dealer for the 3rd time
1st they did a software update and controller reset... but made no difference
2nd they replaced the controller unit entirely but still the same issue.
3rd time (currently car is still with them) they’re going to try replace the aerial and sim (ESIM) - Hoping that will fix the issue.

I’m told there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car, but don’t fancy being on a road trip and having that message pop up. It freaks me out!

Generally speaking though, the SKODA and dealer customer service has been pretty good and I’m trying hard to keep positive because I really love the car apart from this technical issue. So hoping this 3rd attempt to make it right actually works.
Expecting it back in next few days so will post a follow-up then. Fingers crossed...

NewtoSkoda2020

Post by NewtoSkoda2020 »

Hi. I have a 70reg Kodiaq SE L 7 seats too and having this problem. Its very intermittent and doesn't impact driving, but I've now realised that when the warning comes up, the sat nav goes down and you can't make blue tooth calls out. If you are on a call too when the warning happens it cuts you off. So it's not good and could be a safety issue if you did have a crash (as it would be difficult to make calls out regardless of the auto SoS not working)

I haven't yet approached the dealer as really don't want the hassle going there and waiting around. But I guess I have to, to get the process moving!

Please do let me know how you get on. I have read a number of posts in this issue. It should be a recall issue to me.

Other than this the car is perfect and loving it!
sanqhar

Post by sanqhar »

There is a Vosa system for reporting serious safety issues:

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and- ... ety-defect

tom
....and today was a good day in the life of....
caravancrazy

Post by caravancrazy »

Actually I have the same problem going this morning @ 10am to try to get it sorted interesting to see that you have had the car in twice before with no cure & presently in for third time will post any results that I get this morning
Colin Lambert

Post by Colin Lambert »

Morning chaps.
You are on the wrong forum. Try the KODIAQ FORUM.
https://www.kodiaqforums.co.uk/
Could well be a common fault between Kodiaq & Karoq, so I will leave your post here in case any Karoq owners can help you, which I'm afraid I can't. Electronics not my forte.
BUT........
My 17 reg Kodiaq did have the same problem and as far as I remember it. was a faulty SIM card. Contact your dealers.
Colin Lambert. AKA 'Kodiaq'
Moderator Karoq Forum.
Dip Automotive Eng.
Had 8 Skodas, last one was 3rd Karoq. 2019 Sportline 1.5 TSi DSG Race Blue.
Now Kia eNiro4+ :lol:
NewtoSkoda2020

Post by NewtoSkoda2020 »

Hi Colin

Thanks for leaving the post up. I did think it was odd this was in the Karoq forum, but the first poster issue was so similar to mine I replied to the thread.

Happy to update the kodiaq forum once I hear the updates from the other posters on how they get on

Thanks
NewtoSkoda2020

Post by NewtoSkoda2020 »

Hi caravan crazy, would be great to hear an update from you and how you got on?
caravancrazy

Post by caravancrazy »

As I previously stated I had taken the car to my local Skoda Dealer, they followed a diagnosis as laid down BT23 Skoda,
This took nearly 2 hours & the end result was that the sos was back to normal & the green light was now showing ,
The wish’s supervisor stated that there were many reasons why it had gone the way that it did,
eg - low battery voltage due to not using the car for many days,
an error developed with the Vodaphone SIM card that the system uses
the sos system works through the central console system because I had removed the data messaging that appears on the system as mywife’s Is a mobility leased car therefore we would never be needing to use the sos as we contact mobility if anything happens , but anyway everything has been working perfectly now for2 weeks, when the car was with the garage they also ordered new rear brake pads to get rid off the noise when you are reversing as Skoda/ VW had ordered a recall with the rear brake pads again had them fitted last Monday the car is lovely & quiet now.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post