New member - advice welcome

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Dave-FFC

Post by Dave-FFC »

Recently acquired new Karoq SE-L and generally am very pleased with it. In past couple of days I cannot connect my iPhone wirelessly as I previous could. It says connecting iPhone to Apple Car play but then "unable to connect". Connecting wired is not a problem. It was working fine, until my wife connected her Android phone to it :roll: .

Not a massive issue of course, more an annoyance but any clues?

Many thanks

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Welcome Dave,

It sounds like there is a limit to the number of phones it can connect wirelessly. Are you trying to connect both at the same time? Or will your phone not connect when it's the only one in the car now?

According to page 127 of my downloaded manual:

Apple CarPlay - Connection via Wi-Fi from mobile devices:
To establish a connection, the following conditions must be met.
✓ The minimum iOS version is 9.
✓ No other mobile device can be connected via SmartLink.

We only connect my phone to the car (an Android) so haven't come across this problem.

NB: The downloaded copy of the manual contains much more information about the infotainment system and is well worth getting from: https://manual.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb/Models

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Dave-FFC

Post by Dave-FFC »

Many thanks for that. No, the Android cannot be connected wirelessly and only trying to do 1 at a time. I will have a good read of the link. As I mentioned it was working fine until the other phone connected.

Appreciate the response.
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Well my Android Samsung S8 connects via Bluetooth without problem, or are you saying your wife's is connected via USB and prevents your iPhone using the Bluetooth connection? Perhaps the manual will explain whether this is possible or not.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Dave-FFC

Post by Dave-FFC »

Thanks Chris - no, not connecting at the same time. I'm going to restore factory settings and start again over the weekend and give that a go.
Dave-FFC

Post by Dave-FFC »

Just as an update - the wireless connection was not working still yesterday. Whilst out today I returned to the car and left my phone in my pocket, switched on the engine and the podcast I had been playing continued! X files job I think, but it is working for the moment.

Thanks for the responses / suggestions.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post