New to Skoda and need help

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
topconker

Post by topconker »

Hi everyone,
just taken delivery of my new Skoda and well please with it. Trouble is I cannot work out how to use the sat nav system, specifically how to delete destinations that somehow have been inputted by the the dealer, can anyone help please?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Could you tell us what car and satnav you have? And how old the car is, as the latest "MIB3" versions are very different to earlier versions. (The new ones have been fitted since August or so this year, to MY21 Karoqs.)

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
topconker

Post by topconker »

Hi Chris, took delivery November 2020 of my Karoq 1.5 TSI SE DSG estate
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Hi, so it should be a MY21 car as long as it wasn't sitting in a car park since July!

You can confirm this by checking the VIN (the 10th character should be an 'M') and you should have silver knurled rollers on the steering wheel, and USB-C ports in front of the gear lever rather than an SD card port in the glovebox.

As you have the SE model, can I assume you have the Amundsen infotainment system? That's the one with a knob at the bottom left and right of the screen.

If you see the unwanted destinations on the 'recommended destinations' screen, you can swipe them left, and then tap on the dustbin symbol. I think you can also do this in the list of stored destinations.

Final thoughts, the downloaded owners manual covers the infotainment systems much better than the printed version supplied with the car for some reason only known by Skoda. You can find this at https://manual.skoda-auto.com/210/en-gb/Model/Karoq_NU
Just choose the right version and download it. In my version, the details are at page 129, but this may vary slightly for different versions.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome Top C. to the forum.
Chris has supplied you with far more input than I would have!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

@kodiaq... that's because you are lucky enough to have the MIB2 version :)

Chris
topconker

Post by topconker »

Hi Chris, Yes I have the silver knurled rollers on the steering wheel. How do I find the recommended destinations?
When I start the car I have a screen showing an arrow in the centre with 3 destinations given there distance from me, is that the one?
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

Yes that's the one I meant. If the ones you want to delete aren't those, you need to find the list of stored destinations from the icons on the left-hand side of the screen.

I can't copy the image I want from the manual, but it's all described there.

Chris
24 VRT

Post by 24 VRT »

topconker wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:48 pm How do I find the recommended destinations?
When I start the car I have a screen showing an arrow in the centre with 3 destinations given there distance from me, is that the one?
Sounds like you are on this screen
download/file.php?mode=view&id=464

If so then tap on the second box on the left (star with a 'pinpoint' beside it) and that should get you to this screen
download/file.php?mode=view&id=465
If these are the destinations that the dealer put in that you want to delete, then you either swipe left to get a dustbin to tap on, or otherwise press and hold on the destination which may then come up with a delete option (amongst others). I am not 100% certain here re the deleting as I don't have the Amundsen system on my Karoq so can't double check for you.

In any event, as CJJE has rightly said, the best way of working things out on the Infotainment is to use the online manual and then good old trial and error. You won't blow the car up - and unless you start tapping icons on screens you won't get used to operating the system and getting familiar with all its options. Have fun!

Capture 2.PNG

topconker

Post by topconker »

Thanks CJJE, all working now, thatnks for your great advice

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post