New electric Skoda

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
caravancrazy

Post by caravancrazy »

Having read all about the new electric Skoda which is not due out until early spring 2021 in last months edition of WHAT CAR anybody wanting to learn all about it should definitively get hold off a copy & not just rely on the comments posted on this forum, everybody is entitled to their opinions or comments but talking to my dealer who went to Spain with Skoda before early lockdown, he was really impressed with the way the car handled, the car ran well on the road & he did say that all the cars that they had in Spain were pre production models, as we know when cars are finally released on the market they have a lot added to them eg charging cables etc

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Since I am on my 8th Skoda, you may assume I am a bit of a Skoda nut.
Obviously I have not (neither has anybody else other than dealers & Press) driven the Enyaq so I am in no way criticising it's road holding/ comfort etc. I have always been most impressed with both those aspects on all my Skodas.
I was not in any way criticising the Enyaq, How could I without seeing one. What I am criticising is VAG's attitude to their marketing policy regarding 'add-ons'
The comments I made were after using the U.K.configurator and I am very sad to see that Skoda (and all VAG) have now gone down the BMW/Mercedes route of offering a base car and then charging outlandish amounts for even the most basic of additional extras which the Koreans all have for similar money.

If you take the trouble to use the configurator, you will see what I am getting at and what is available to order NOW!

If money was no object for me I would without doubt not mind being ripped off to upgrade the car to what I want and I would be seriously interested in buying an Enyaq as my next car, albeit, being at least a year away. Having had a Kodiaq ordered before the line even started running, I know the pitfalls of being an early adopter.
I honestly believe it is a poor marketing decision for VAG (ID3 is the same) and may well, sadly, adversely affect the sales of the Enyaq.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post