Karoq recalls Instrument cluster

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
N2me

Post by N2me »

Hi

Has has anybody had a recall for replacing a full information/ibnstrument cluster on a Karoq 1.5 Technology ?

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

If you enter your VIN here http://recall.skoda-auto.com/004/en-com you can see if there's a recall for your car.
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
N2me

Post by N2me »

Recently my wife got accidentally locked in the car when I left to do some quick shopping. The alarm went off and she was unable to open any door or window, or get out. The dealer said this was a safety feature on the car and could not be switched off. If true this could be very dangerous in hot weather or if it was essential to get out. Any comments ??
N2me

Post by N2me »

Recently my wife got accidentally locked in the car when I left to do some quick shopping. The alarm went off and she was unable to open any door or window, or get out. The dealer said this was a safety feature on the car and could not be switched off. If true this could be very dangerous in hot weather or if it was essential to get out. Any comments ??
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

N2me wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:38 pm Recently my wife got accidentally locked in the car when I left to do some quick shopping. The alarm went off and she was unable to open any door or window, or get out. The dealer said this was a safety feature on the car and could not be switched off. If true this could be very dangerous in hot weather or if it was essential to get out. Any comments ??
This is called the SAFE function and is described in the handbook, which clearly states "when the vehicle is locked and the SAFE function is switched on, no people may remain in the car."

The purpose is to prevent thieves breaking a window and opening the doors and boot from the inside.

The handbook also tells you how to lock the car without engaging the SAFE function (by double-locking within two seconds), but it cannot be turned off permanently.

The question remains, how did she get locked in the car? Presumably if she had her key with her, the car would detect it and not let you lock it?

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post