New Karoq Owner

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
ElginCityBlue

Post by ElginCityBlue »

Hi Everyone,

I managed to get my new Karoq Edition from the dealer yesterday, despite the lockdown in the country right now. I'm counting myself very lucky that I've been able to get it now, after ordering it January and it being delivered a month ahead of schedule, especially not the factories have closed and supply chains have stopped. The dealer literally threw the keys at me, I checked it over and wiped it down and drove home. Now with all this social distancing I can sit and play around with it on my own ;)

Anyway, it's my first Skoda, my wife had a Citigo in the past and was happy with it, and after 6 years of owning a Citroen C4, this will be a change.

A couple of really minor things, does the small waste bin come included or is this something that has to be purchased separately? Also, the sliding hooks on the rails in the boot, how many hooks do people have? I've got one on each side, but all of the pictures I've seen have two hooks per side.

There are so many gadgets on here to get to know, but I can't wait to start getting out in it if and when life starts returning to normal. I'm sure I'll be back on here looking for extra assistance, if that's OK.

Stay safe everyone! :)
Karoq Edition | 1.5 TSI DSG | Quartz Grey

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum..
As far as I know the bin is extra. Can be configured, but should be available to buy after delivery.
Bag hooks 2 instead of 4.... I'm afraid poor old Skoda felt they couldn't afford 4 hooks any more MY20 cars only get 2!
Is yours 4wD?
They keep playing silly buggers with that. My 19 reg 1.5 DSG is 4WD and was the only option and I think now if you want 4WD it has to be diesel. Can you enlarge on this for me?
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
CJJE

Post by CJJE »

According to the February price list the only petrol 4x4 Karoq now being offered is the Sportline 2.0TSI. And with the new VED First Year Tax from the 1st of April that's looking pretty expensive now!
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Thanks for that. I was right then, when I said they keep messing about with the specs.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
ElginCityBlue

Post by ElginCityBlue »

Thanks for that. It does seem that they're slowly reducing things under the caveat that different countries have different specs.

Do you know if the phonebox still supports wireless charging? I see some things about it being removed in 2018, but nothing more recent so can only assume it was never put back.
Karoq Edition | 1.5 TSI DSG | Quartz Grey
draig

Post by draig »

I have the Karoq Scout - the wireless charging was never offered as an option so I'm guessing it's gone.
AKA Dai, deepest darkest Wales
Karoq Scout 4x4 2.0 TDI 150hp
Black Magic (Pearl)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post