Potential new owner

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
StevieGee

Post by StevieGee »

Hi all, disabled (Multiple Sclerosis) 60yr old fart here. Ex truck driver so been there done that got the T-shirt and more than likely eaten the pie ;)
Qualified for the enhanced rate of mobility PIPs at beginning of January so started to look for an easier car to get in and out of. I drive a Smart Forfour Brabus atm.
Started the list with 10 possibilities and now down to just 2, The Skoda Karoq SEL 1.5 TSI DSG and the Nissan Qashqai Tekna plus, test drive on both vehicles booked for tomorrow and really looking forward to driving the Karoq.

Any advice or things to look out for?

Many thanks

Steve

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome Steve,
Not that I am biased (on my 7th Skoda.) Don't buy the Nissan! ;) Have a drive then jump into the superior Karoq. I am on my second.
The reputation for Qashqai reliability is dire.
They are tinny and the 1.2 engine may possibly be underpowered.
Good luck whichever you choose.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
NeilD

Post by NeilD »

Have just traded a qashqai Tekna for karoq.too early to give you an opinion on karoq.i have had 3 qashqais and loved them,no major problems at all.
StevieGee

Post by StevieGee »

Thanks Colin, funnily enough I did organise for the Qashqai to be driven 1st and then the Karoq :D

Neil thanks for the reply, what made you change from the Qashqai to the Karoq :?:

Looking at getting Karoq SEL 1.5 TSI DSG, Petrol Blue with Electric Tailgate, Leather interior, Park Assist & Double sided boot floor for when I carry the mobility scooter.
NeilD

Post by NeilD »

I just wanted a change.i have the 1.5 edition dsg in black.drives lovely.had 1.6 diesel qashqai and can’t fault it.try both and pick what you like best.
StevieGee

Post by StevieGee »

Thanks Neil :)
NeilD

Post by NeilD »

Have a look at carwow and see what’s available
StevieGee

Post by StevieGee »

Carwow not available with a Motability car, it has to be a brand new car supplied by a registered Skoda Motability dealer.

It is similar to a PCP agreement, but you sign over your portion of the Mobility PIPs payment to the garage and then you get in return a brand new car for 3yrs,
Tax for 3 yrs paid for, 3 yrs servicing, 3yrs insurance and things like windscreen coverage and tyres if needed plus a max mileage allowance of 60,000 miles.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

StevieGee wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:23 pm Thanks Colin, funnily enough I did organise for the Qashqai to be driven 1st and then the Karoq :D

Neil thanks for the reply, what made you change from the Qashqai to the Karoq :?:

Looking at getting Karoq SEL 1.5 TSI DSG, Petrol Blue with Electric Tailgate, Leather interior, Park Assist & Double sided boot floor for when I carry the mobility scooter.
Good choice! Petrol blue is my fave! cream leather or black. I always have cream goes brilliantly with petrol blue
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post