New member, new Skoda owner

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Leehs

Post by Leehs »

Good morning all
We picked up our new Karoq just before Christmas. This is the first time we have selected a Skoda and so far very impressed. It’s an Edition in velvet red with 1.5 tsi and tow bar.
Looking forward to being able to ask those little questions to a group of people who have been through it all before.
Happy new year.
Lee

986E187A-7E96-43DD-83B0-524610517C21.jpeg

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Lee, welcome to the forum and your new car!
Ask away, somebody will have the answer to whatever you ask (hopefully!)😉
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
ASL1956

Post by ASL1956 »

Hi all,
Great fan of Forums and belong to classic car forums and value the advice and feedback given. Other half just took delivery of a Karoq Edition 1.5 DSG and very pleased. She traded up, yes traded up, from a 2018 Golf.

Looking forward to understanding the more esoteric parts of the car informatics. First issue is the check box for the display screen defaulting to the clock after 10 seconds doesn't "remember" the setting once you switch off? Weird

Happy New Year all

Adrian
JPS

Post by JPS »

Hi
Have you had any problems with the 1.5 engine ? Understand there have been some especially from cold start

JPS
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

The well known 'Kangaroo' performance only affected cars built in the early part of '18. Skoda have claimed (eventually) to have a fix for it.
If your 1.5 EVO is either side of 18 reg you should be ok.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
JPS

Post by JPS »

Couple of queries.
recently bought above. Manufacture letter is L ( 10th letter of VIN number) which I thought was 2020 but car registered in 2019.
It is hard to find out what specifications are/ meant to be fitted from the internet. . It seems to have a lot of the current features of the SEL but no umbrella, tyre display, Is there a page I can visit on the internet that will show features of the 2019 model. The handbook seems to cover all features available on a Karoq rather than by individual models
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

As far as I am aware .......Your car could have been made in '19 but late enough to be a MY20.
What exactly do you mean by tyre display? Where have you looked for it MFD, and or Infotainment screen?
Umbrella. Ask dealer it may have been left out, as I can find no mention of umbrellas or tyre PM, anywhere to do with Karoq.
Umbrellas are mentioned re Kodiaq, in as much that they now, after week 48, only have one instead of 2.
Info from:-
All models WK48 updated 281019_5dfdd431-6127-4adf-a6ab-10815a3b88b7.pdf
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post