New Karoq owner from Shropshire

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
oldman

Post by oldman »

Hi,
I have had three X Trails in the past, as I need a Soft Roader, but I don't like the current version, so am trying the Karoq this time. I am a bit Old Fashioned, and find all the bells and whistles a bit daunting, but my 18 year old Grandaughter has been training me ! So far, the handling has impressed me the most, and the automatic Off Road function works fine. There is plenty of room for Dogs in the back, and fuel consumption well into the high 40's. The model I have is the Edition TDI SCR 4x4, and will probably be the last diesel car I have before we all go electric.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome Oldman from another one :lol:
I'm sure you will love it.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
The olde rigger

Post by The olde rigger »

Had the Edition 2 litre tdi 4x4 dsg since feb18 never missed a beat,had the rear seats out the thing i can see is there suface rust on the hubs could be from cleaning solution also changed the the rims to 17s and CC have fun again from shrops
Mike sandy

Post by Mike sandy »

Hi oldie rigger
Rusty hubs ,not enough paint on them.
Mine had the same problem it always caught my eye .
The Dealer and Skoda don't consider it a problem.
So I took them off , wire brushed and emery cloth to clean them up , then used aluminum paint , its a bit heat resistant and quick drying , job done.
Happy motoring
Karoq 1.5 SE with tow bar
Dark blue metallic
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I had rusty hubs on my launch version Discovery in 1989. LR got the dealer to repaint them all AND ALL the metalwork underneath. That is service. Also it was faultless over my three years of ownership. Sadly LR reliability and customer service is rubbish.
All the manufacturers seem to be downgrading customer care these days!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post