Hello

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Guyboy

Post by Guyboy »

Hello to all

Just joined the forum as I am picking up my new Karoq on Saturday - Business Grey 1.0 TSI SE

Trading in my Yeti 1.2 TSI DSG - Got to say I'm not overly fond of the DSG box so the newbies a manual

Coming up to retirement so I thought I'd treat myself...

Regards to all

Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

Welcome to the world of the Karoq Guyboy. We are collecting our Karoq on Friday and it's the same colour as yours. We love the DSG on our Yeti, but maybe the 7-speed plus a petrol engine has diferent characteristics. It seems like a number of Yeti owners are migrating to the Karoq, but if the Yeti was stiil in production with the excellent updates on the Karoq including the 1.5 150PS petrol engine, we'd have bought another one. However, Mrs J and I are really looking forward to collecting our Karoq and will report on our esperiences after a few days. Please post your comments too, particularly in comparison with your Yeti. Oh and PS enjoy your retirement. You'll soon be so busy doing things you enjoy, you'll wonder how you ever found time for work!
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome Guyboy.
Another ex Yeti man coming over. 2 in 2 days!
Were you on the Yeti forum?

I also lurve my DSGs, have driven nothing else fo 9 years.

You don't say where you are, but I find driving in a large conurbation, manual just is not do-able, specially with wonky left knee.

Enjoy your new toy.
Tell us how it compares to the Yeti and what you think of it.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
wakev

Post by wakev »

welcome to the forum, ex yeti owner too, well 4 of them to be precise lol hope you have fun here and with your new toy .
Karoq 2lt TDi sportsline.
Previous 4 yeti's over 10 years
Thegardener

Post by Thegardener »

Good choice! I have had a 1.0 SE in business Grey since last November and so far have been delighted. It is roomier than the Yeti 1.2 and drives just as well despite the smaller engine. Fuel consumption is also better than the Yeti and there is a lot more standard kit (much of which I never use). Mine doesn’t have the varioflex seats but so far I haven’t missed them and have managed several trips to the local tip with no problems. Have also grown to really like the electronic parking brake having been a bit dubious at first. I’m sure you’ll be pleased with your new toy and have a good retirement.
Karoq 1.0 SE Nav Plus - Business Grey - spare wheel - Nextbase Dash Cam