Let's Karoq and roll!

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Jimmy of Whitby

Post by Jimmy of Whitby »

Hello everyone. My username is Jimmy of Whitby, because that's where Mrs Jimmy and I have lived for 9 years. I have driven or owned Skodas for 15 years. My first was a company 1.9TDi Octavia, my choice for tax reasons, and I bought it when I retired in 2010. Then in 2011 we bought a 1.2TSi Roomster. A lovely car, but lacked enough oomph for our very hilly part of N Yorkshire. So after three years we bought our first Yeti, a 2 litre 140PS 4x4 diesel, which was a superb car. I fitted Goodyear Vector 4 seasons tyres on their own rims for use from October to April. I did some off-road training at a centre in Robin Hood's Bay (RHB) and found the car to be extremely capable on the standard Pirelli Cinturato tyres. Then in March 2017 our dealer was selling the Yeti 150PS SEL Drive loaded with extras at a very good price with a 0% PCP deal. So we changed earlier than planned and had the DSG version. Again, I went for training at RHB, with 1 1/2 hours in an awesome Defender, which coped with everything even with a beginner at the wheel, followed by 1/2 hour in the Yeti, which coped admirably too, although we avoided the 30% incline and the boulders. Moving on to the present, the overall consumption of the Yeti from the start, based on brimming the tank at each fill, has only been 37 1/2 mpg, because much of our motoring is short journeys, although I made sure that I monitored the DPF with the VW App and went for longer faster runs at intervals. I believe also that our Yeti could develop problems after the warranty is defunct, as for all diesels with EGR valves, DPF and all the other bits and bobs. Touch wood, we've had mild winters recently, so the only time the 4x4 was used was when it snowed and I went out on the Moors to play, without Mrs J as she hates snow with a vengeance. So we've been debating for some time what to replace the Yeti with, bearing in mind we have a greyhound needing space similar to the Yeti's boot. Our dealer is Derek Slack of Middlesbrough, family-owned and established for over 40 years (beginning with Reliant Robins!) and their sales and service have been exemplary, so a change of maker was not on. It had to be petrol, not much bigger than the Yeti and established long enough for early bugs to be ironed out. So last Friday, after a test drive, we ordered a Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG in business grey. They were able to source a model in our chosen colour and spec and as all the extras are dealer-fitted, we are collecting the car this Friday. The selling price matched teh lowest CarWow deal I found and the value of our Yeti matched We Buy ... etc, so we were happy. We're both looking forward to collecting the Karoq and learning about all the features. I've downloaded the handbook, so I''l have a read but if I have any queries. I'll be back to ask for your advice. Best wishes to all forum members and here's to a happy association with the Karoq Forum. Jimmy
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum.
Ask away with any queries you may have.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Hi Jimmy,

You'll recognise a few faces from the Yeti owners club here.

Welcome to your new corner of cyberspace.

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Jimmy of Whitby

Thanks Colin and Ian. Owing to dealer and brand loyalty, the natural successor to our Yeti was the Karoq.
Karoq SE L 1.5 TSi 150PS DSG business grey, front and rear dashcams, scuff plates, rubber mats, mud flaps, dog guard, spare wheel plus gunge and bottle jack and service pack.
wakev

Post by wakev »

Hi jimmy welcome to the other side :D not quite as lively over here, but thats hopefully because we are all out driving our Karoq or are having no problems with them ;) .

And no bobs corner here ........ yet :lol:
Karoq 2lt TDi sportsline.
Previous 4 yeti's over 10 years
Jimmy of Whitby

Hi Wakev. It's good to hear from old friends. Do the moderators allow some idle chit chat up to Bob's standards, eg triple entendres, as long as rudeness or naughty words are not involved?
wakev

Post by wakev »

Hi Jimmy, i think we could get away with a few :-) the mod knows us well lol
Karoq 2lt TDi sportsline.
Previous 4 yeti's over 10 years
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Talk to me nicely! :lol: i am the the only Mod so far.
I do like people to play nicely and as you say, no crudity or bad language as we never know, as we use aliases, when we may have ladies on the forum.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post