Just picked this up

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
wakev

Post by wakev »

After 10 years they finally stopped making the yeti.

My now three year old yeti was taken in for a service and MOT, but after seeing the chap that has sold me 4 yeti's he managed to send me home in this.

Karoq.jpg

A karoq 2lt sportsline :D now sitting on my drive lol, hope it is as reliable as my 4 yeti's ;)
Karoq 2lt TDi sportsline.
Previous 4 yeti's over 10 years

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Well done! Another rat :lol: (Like me) leaving the sinking Yeti ship! Only 3 Yetis for me. Much as I loved my Yetis, I don't think you will be the slightest bit disappointed! Specially with the 2.0L lump.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Welcome Kevin,

That is one smart looking new motor you have there.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
wakev

Post by wakev »

kodiaq wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 am Well done! Another rat :lol: (Like me) leaving the sinking Yeti ship! Only 3 Yetis for me. Much as I loved my Yetis, I don't think you will be the slightest bit disappointed! Specially with the 2.0L lump.
:lol: still active on the yeti forum, but loving the Karoq sports line, done a 80 mile trip in it today :D so much go in the 2lt :D returned 47mpg and its still only done 100mls.
The Yeti was a lovely ride and drive, but this is even better :D. I was a bit apprehensive about the electric handbrake but switching on the auto function i love it :lol: , the Satnav displaying between the dials right in front of you is so much better (think that comes with virtual cockpit, might be wrong lol) .

Finding new toys to play with all the time :lol: might read the manual soon :lol: , dash cam fitted and piggy backed off the rear wiper fuse, just wish they had made the fuse board easier to access :roll: but all done.
wakev

Post by wakev »

Milfmog wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:04 pm Welcome Kevin,

That is one smart looking new motor you have there.

Have fun,

Ian.
Cheers, just need to keep it clean now :lol: first Yeti was black magic, you would think i would have learnt from that one :lol: but it was such a good deal and sat in the showroom :D.

Loving it.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

wakev wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:29 pm
kodiaq wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 am

:lol: still active on the yeti forum, but loving the Karoq sports line, done a 80 mile trip in it today :D so much go in the 2lt :D returned 47mpg and its still only done 100mls.
Interesting. Although the 1.5 is eggstreeemly spritely, specially overtaking. it might be a bit under powered ( unless your 80 mile trip was flat and optimum speed.)
Best I have had out of my 1.5 DSG is 45.
Just had a thought......... you don't say....... is yours TDi or TSi? If derv that is why you have got the consumption you have and it will get better after about 4k miles!
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
wakev

Post by wakev »

kodiaq wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:36 am
wakev wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:29 pm
kodiaq wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:25 am

Interesting. Although the 1.5 is eggstreeemly spritely, specially overtaking. it might be a bit under powered ( unless your 80 mile trip was flat and optimum speed.)
Best I have had out of my 1.5 DSG is 45.
Just had a thought......... you don't say....... is yours TDi or TSi? If derv that is why you have got the consumption you have and it will get better after about 4k miles!
TDi 150hp a lovely power delivery, better in sports mode lol but don't let on to SWMBO, managed to swap to it before she got in :lol: