And a Suffolk Karoq

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
chrispbits

Post by chrispbits »

Hello from sunny(ish) Suffolk. I didn't intend to get a Karoq last weekend but that's what happened :D . Test drove a 1.5 TSI DSG first and to be honest I wasn't that keen. I liked the car but that combination of engine and DSG didn't suite it - plenty of hesitation and wasn't particularly well mannered round the bends (possibly too light on the front end?). Tried a 1.6 TDI DSG and it was like a different car. Much better (for me at least). Thought about it over the weekend, was made an offer on Monday morning and drove it away on Monday evening. Ex demo car but only 99 miles on the clock of which about 15 were ours.

I'm very impressed with the Karoq - it's an SE L with leather seats and a spare wheel so almost standard kit but pretty good for all that. Coming from a BMW 2 Series Gran Tourer I'd say the Karoq is at least as good dynamically even if a touch slower due to lower engine output.

Special mention to Meghan of Bristo's Skoda of Ipswich for a first class service.

Regards,
Chris
Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI DSG in Business Grey
Usual SE L stuff plus leather seats and spare wheel

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum.
Most 1.5TSi DSG owners are very pleased with them. Me included. I can only think the one you drove was duff. (was it in E mode?)
There has been considerable problems with the 1.5 TSi engine with hesitation and 'kangarooing'. VAG are aware & trying to come up with a solution. Mostly on manuals, but also a few DSGs. Luckily mine was not affected.
There is no hesitation at all on mine and the road holding is superb. The best of the 75 cars I have owned!
I must admit, being on my 6th (1 Fabia estate 1.2DSG, 3 Yeti 1.2DSG, 1Kodiaq 1.4 DSG and 1X1.5 DSG Karoq) Skoda with DSG I think the engine/DSG combo is ideally suited.
But each to our own.
It would be a dull old world if we all agreed ! :lol:
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
chrispbits

Post by chrispbits »

It would be a dull old world if we all agreed !
Well that's one thing we can certainly agree on! :lol:

I suspect my assessment was coloured partly by coming from a diesel in the first place and one with a very good engine and auto gear box (8 speed) combo - probably the two best things about the BMW 2 series Gran Tourer.

Still finding new things about the car - rainy drive to Felixstowe and back on Sunday highlighted how good is the auto wiper function. I'm also finding that the ICE is excellent (despite my misgivings about touchscreen) and that usability of the SatNav is streets ahead of the BMW.
Karoq SE L 1.6 TDI DSG in Business Grey
Usual SE L stuff plus leather seats and spare wheel
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views