New here

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Hi all, just picked up my karoq edition yesterday, 6 months old and 1800 miles, so pretty much minty. Previous owner must have ticked most of the option boxes. Slowly getting to grips with the over the top features and system. Car was in Eco when I drove it home so the pedal felt heavy and car was sluggish without a heavy boot on it. Handbook was vague, but to be fair if I'd looked through the controls and numbering at the beginning of the book I may have found the mode button easier. The handbook didn't say where it was or that it was on a button and not the touchscreen. Anyway I'm enjoying it very much.

Paul
Karoq edition in black magic pearl Black leather, 1.5 petrol dsg.
I'm Paul

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome Paul.
I drove 40 miles home today on Eco. Apart from the fact it goes into neutral when you take your foot off and it did about ONE mpg more that 'standard' I couldn't really detect any significant difference.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

You must have bigger feet than me or you drive with your foot flat on the floor all the time so wouldn't notice.
I'm Paul
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I did the first 1000 miles or so in mine in Eco mode to give the engine a chance to loosen up before I got too heavy footed. When I put it back to standard, the only thing I really noticed was that it changed gear a bit later. I can't say that I saw a measurable difference in fuel economy but I suspect the mode options are more about fitting the car to the way it is being driven rather than changing the driver's style.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Welcome Paul

you will already have noticed that the printed version of the handbook omits a lot of the detail you are looking for, download the pdf version which is more comprehensive and has a search option, much easier than the index of the handbook.

You didn't mention whether your Edition is manual or dsg, as Ian says you are supposed to run the engine in for the first 2000 miles, as yours is 2nd hand looks like you only have 200 miles to go, you'll find the fuel efficiency starts increasing at about 5000 miles. My husband drives the car more than me, but when I was new to it I didn't particularly like the sport mode, I found it made the steering too heavy . If you have the dsg version a handy tip to know is if you are in eco or normal mode if you tap the gearstick back slightly it will go into sport mode then tap again and it reverts, husband uses this at busy roundabouts when you need to go. Also if you move the steering wheel slightly it kicks in the stop start and saves that delay.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Thanks for the tips. Yes it's dsg, the steering isn't an issue for me as I drive a 1957 ford popular with no power steering no servo brakes, in fact very little of anything. I assume you live in Kent as do I. I managed to put the clock back an hour this morning.
I'm Paul
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

yes clock change wasn't as complicated as I thought it may be with all the menu options

yes in Kent, there are a few of us from there on this forum, what colour did you get then I can look out for you
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Ford pop racer

Post by Ford pop racer »

Metallic black. I'm in Gravesend. I put the clock back an hour yesterday, today it was back as before, so I did it again this morning. Later I noticed it was back as before. I need to check the instructions but think I need to push set
I'm Paul
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Strict running in is a thing of the past.
All you have to do is not let the engine labour (almost impossible with DSG) and don't rev the nuts off it. Try to keep it below 4k revs. All for 2k miles, (like wot she sed!)
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Ford pop racer wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:28 pm Metallic black. I'm in Gravesend. I put the clock back an hour yesterday, today it was back as before, so I did it again this morning. Later I noticed it was back as before. I need to check the instructions but think I need to push set
The default setting is for the clock to take it's setting from the GPS signal, you need to tell the car that you are no longer on summer time by checking (or is it unchecking?) the appropriate setting in the menus. It is fairly intuitive, I found it quickly enough that I don't actually remember where I found it. If you change the time manually without changing the source the car looks at it will reset itself based on the GPS signal.

Have fun,

Ian.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670