New one ordered

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
Clivecoo

Post by Clivecoo »

Hi All.
I was looking for a car to replace my Mitsubishi Space Star I bought new in 2005.
It's been a great car but getting a bit tired now. I've been looking at various cars but none floated my boat untill my brother a Skoda fabia owner mentioned the Karoq.
I had a look in the local dealers and thought what a great car.
Went back last Saturday armed with an online quote from Drivethedeal.com
It took 2 and a half hours of discussion but now have on order a 1.5 SEL automatic, in petrol blue with beige leather, skinny spare wheel, boot mat, towbar prep, and cill plates.
Had a email today of a build date of week 48.
Possible delivery late December early 2019 but time will tell.
Happy days !

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

Welcome to the forum. Good choice.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Welcome,

there are a few discussions about tow bars and having them fitted aftermarket, if you def want one maybe worth checking out the posts as someone contacted me and said it was going to cost £1200 rather than the £850 total price from Skoda, that may be because they didn't have the prep work but as it is a new car there are limited choices.
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Clivecoo

Post by Clivecoo »

Thanks for your comments on towbar prep.
I'm not sure what Skoda actually do for this but I'm not in a hurry to use for towing.
As the Karoq becomes more popular/ common I think towbar choice will get better and hopefully cheaper ! Time will tell.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

That's good, just wanted to forewarn you incase you wanted to be off out towing straight away.

Our car bought from Dealer's stock has a towbar, not used yet but I do love the fact it isn't on show and hides away, very nifty. :D
Karoq 1.5 TSI DSG Edition, Quartz Grey, towbar, heated windscreen and nozzles since 1 Feb 2018 new to the Skoda brand
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

I always quite liked having a fixed tow bar. It made a great defence for the back of the car if somebody else did not stop... :shock:

I'd be interested to hear from anybody who tows with a Front wheel drive Karoq. I find the car tends to suffer from wheelspin in an "enthusiastic" launch (or even a less spirited take off) and suspect this could be a significant issue with the extra weight of a trailer. I have no plans to tow, but it would be interesting to know.

Have fun,

Ian.

PS Welcome to our corner of Cyberspace, some friendly people here (but it is still a fairly exclusive club while the number of Karoqs is low).
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

I love the fact that the towbar is retractable in such an easy fashion, and hidden out of sight when not in use, but can see Milfmogs point. Haven't towed a trailer but have had towbar mounted bike rack and 3 mountain bikes out back, which totalled close to the nose weight limit. Didn't notice any deterioration in front grip - perhaps the total weight (full boot and 4 passengers) and adjusted tyre pressures helped...
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

@Mikaroq
did you buy the bike rack that I checked the measurements for? If so glad to hear that it works, been wondering ;)
mikaroq

Post by mikaroq »

Womanofkent wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:13 am @Mikaroq
did you buy the bike rack that I checked the measurements for? If so glad to hear that it works, been wondering ;)
Hi, yes we did :) . Works a treat and really appreciated your help with the measurements. Car and rack worked seamlessly on a 1,000 mile holiday to Scotland
Karoq Edition 1.5 TSI DSG in Business Grey with towbar, auto light assist and heated front and rear seats.
Womanofkent

Post by Womanofkent »

Oh that's great news, always helpful for anyone else looking at one, hope the 1000 mile was in the Karoq not on the bikes :lol: