Karoq 1.6TDI SE or SEL

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
stree

Post by stree »

My choice is limited to either of the above, both look great but reviews and Youtube have not really helped to answer my concerns so hoping your owner/user base may be able to help.
The main concern is the load area and seat configurations and I am aware of the difference between the standard seat in the SE and the Varioflex in the SEL,
I need to get a mobility scooter in (with a hoist) and need at least one metre length to fit it inline with the car, the width is about 650mm.
From what I see the seat behind the driver folds down with the centre seat, leaving the nearside rear seat upright, but not the other way around, and I could live with that, especially as it seems the SE retains a flat floor, but the Varioflex would have a step. Am I correct in this?

Dabas

Post by Dabas »

The difference is that you can completely remove the rear seats with the sel it also has a rear camera for parking and a few other bits.I have purchased the SEL and collect it next month.
stree

Post by stree »

Enjoy your new SEL!
I can live without rear cam, sat nav, lift out seats, the main focus for me is being able to get my scooter in and out with least afffort, so require at least a metre lengthwise while still having at least one rear passenger seat, and having as level a floor as possible.
I think the SE is the only one that gives these options, the SEL floor has a step unless all seats are moved forward and lowered. ( From what I can make out)
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Stree,

The other thing you need to remember is that the selection of spare wheel option (no spare, super skinny spacesaver or almost full-size wheel) will affect the height of the rear section of the boot floor (and also access to the tie down points).

To be honest I'd suggest that your best option would be to take your scooter to the dealer and get them to show you how well it fits into the car in different configurations. They stand to make a fair slice of money out of any purchase you make, so let them do a little work for it ;) . That will also have the benefit that they will be better placed to answer the next customer with a similar query.

Have fun,

Ian.

Edit: I do not know what the seat backs of the SE are like. In the SEL the seat backs are soft and I would be hesitant to put anything heavy on them (it might be possible to cut a piece of ply or MDF to size to make a hard floor to put the scooter on). Don't forget to check the height available at the hatch where it is more restricted than it is inside the body of the car.
Karoq SE-L 1.5TSI DSG 2WD. Emerald green, beige leather, heated screen and steering wheel, lane assist, blind spot assist, adaptive cruise control.

My Fuelly page www.fuelly.com/car/skoda/karoq/2018/tazzymutt/798670

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post