Thinking of buying a Karoq

New to the Skoda Karoq Forums? Introduce yourself here
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I have owned 3 Karoqs. Edition, SE L and Sportline.
All 1.5 DSG.
Engine size depends on how you drive and what sort of use you want to put it to.
I think the 1.0L 3 pot engine is ok for mainly urban driving, but if you do a lot of long journeys. I think it is a bit gutless especially for rapid overtakes etc. depends on whether you are a 'spirited' driver or not.
I would go for an SE L if I were you, unless Skoda have got their act together in the las year or so because they tend to be weak on electronic 'gizmos' (All Skodas , not just Karoq) My Edition was fully loaded and the dipping mirrors wouldn't, the tailgate kept sticking half way (to be fair, the leccy tailgate on the Sportline was fine) I never had a 'kickable tailgate, but stories of them not working are common. My Kodiaq leccy tailgate was crap and never worked properly. Another common fault is the emergency call button malfunctioning. Wipers are almost certain to shudder, on any Skoda, so build in £19 for a pair of Bosch blades.
If you want sliding/removable back seats make sure the car you chose/order, has them. I made that mistake on my Sportline and as I have two 25Kg dogs it was a real pain.
My Sportline is for sale here......
https://murrayskodaplympton.usedcars.sk ... uv-fkct5gz
It was faultless when I P/X'd it..
Just a word of warning. The 19inch wheels on some models Incl Spotline have 40 aspect tyres which give IMHO (with a bad back!) a very hard ride. In which case I can sell you 4 16" wheels with 16inch 50 aspect tyres which are really comfortable ;)
Last word, not knowing where you are, is......I have no personal experience of the Marshall Group. But having been a Skoda owner for the last 13 years and all that time been on 4 Skoda fora and reading comments thereon........ BEWARE!
P.M. me if you want anymore details on anything Karoq.
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Moderator Karoq & HR-V Fora.
(Kodiaq Forum Moderator, resigned!)

CJJE

Post by CJJE »

guinnessaddick wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:08 pm I recently picked up a 1.5 TSI DGS Edition, it has a powered tailgate, not sure if it has kick motion, I've tried a couple of times and nothing.
Is there anywhere of knowing if it has?
The kick motion thingy was an optional extra and needs a sensor under the back bumper - but as I didn't add that to my car I can't tell you how visible it would be :(

As far as I know there is no menu setting for it, so you can't find out that way.

But a Skoda dealer should be able to tell you as their computer system will have the full details of your car's technical specification.

Chris
VW Golf GT 1.9TDI from 11/98 to 3/06; Skoda Octavia L&K 2.0TDI from 3/06 to 12/11; VW Golf Plus SE 1.6TDI DSG from 12/11 to 2/15; VW Golf SV SE 1.4TSI DSG from 2/15 to 11/20; Skoda Karoq Sportline 2.0TSI 4x4 DSG from 11/20.
Routemaster1

Post by Routemaster1 »

I have an Edition with the 'kickable' rear door. I haven't found anything which indicates whether or not it is fitted, and, without crawling underneath I don't know whether anything is visible. I'll take a look later. I have the 19" wheels with 40 aspect ratio tyres, and I don't think the ride is hard. The issue though, is that it is easy to kerb the wheels, which I did when forced into the side of the road by an ambulance on an emergency call.
kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

I had the same with a 'white van yob' it cost me £165 as tyre was b*ggered..

I suppose the degree of discomfort experienced on 40 aspect rubber is dependent on age and condition of spine. I'm 76 and my back is in the same condition as mentioned in the tyre comment above* (too much rugby, skiing accidents and 'flying' a speedboat. Water is quite hard when you drop onto it from 4' in the air at speed!!) :o
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Tone

Post by Tone »

Anyone thinking of buying a Skoda should seriously consider the following. Although you will get a very generalised Owners Manual on delivery and you can open up the Digital Owners Manual online, you will not be able to print it off which I have found particularly frustrating. Skoda UK are a total waste of time here, have been in touch with them several times. I even offered to pay for one! When I’m trying to work out all the options on the dash I don’t want to have to constantly be fiddling with my iPad or laptop. Anyone got any ideas as to how to get Skoda to pull their fingers out here? Cheers -Tony
Soup

Post by Soup »

Tone wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:21 am ...you can open up the Digital Owners Manual online, you will not be able to print it off which I have found particularly frustrating.
If you're using a Windows 10 PC, open the manual, F11 to go full screen, press Print Screen and then paste it into Paint (for example).

You can print from there.
fsec

Post by fsec »

kodiaq

Post by kodiaq »

If you can afford the paper and the ink!! :lol: :o
Colin Lambert.
Poole, Dorset.
Diploma Auto Eng.
Tone

Post by Tone »

Many thanks to both fsec and soup for their kind suggestions. However although I have tried to get a print iff this way, I have failed dismally. Not computer literate enough obviously!
As I am still looking for this print off I would be quite prepared to pay either of these gentlemen a small fee of £20-25 to print it off for me. My car details are as follows:
Skoda Karoq Edition
Reg: HK71VGR
VIN: TMBKR7NU0N5024599

Please let me know if you can on either ................With Tony's agreement I have removed his 'phone number and email address for security reasons. It is advisable never to supply such details on open forum due to hackers. Please use P.M.s instead to contact Tony, if you can help him.. Colin. Moderator.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post